Property in Ilwaco, WA. the hard work really has been done.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skamokawa

Reaction score
This one was restored about 7 years ago, then was never operated as a B&B, then went on the market for 800+. Sat a long time, but has sat unoccupied but not run down, and the price is now way more realistic. The only other inn in town is also on the market at 799, and has been for some years now. The waterfront motel/bar is also now closed. Ilwaco, Washington is a pleasant small port town, but has been a victim of the down economy and the lack of family wage jobs. It is an incorporated town and there are city services. There are some fishing charters, a haul out yard, a very good restaurant on the harbor and a summertime Saturday Market. There is also a hospital in town. Someone with some savvy could do a lot with this one. I've had my eye on it for years now, but there are only so many hours in the day, and we are happy with our smaller property in an even smaller town.
http://www.johnlscott.com/propertydetail.aspx?IS=1&ListingID=301581885

Thanks for this Skamokawa. I've got an aspiring coming soon for my 1-on-1 seminar. This listing will be good to go through and do some research on.
Do you think the town is on the upswing?

I have stood on that dock right there! :)
Water view and everything, that is a neat house!

Thanks for this Skamokawa. I've got an aspiring coming soon for my 1-on-1 seminar. This listing will be good to go through and do some research on.
Do you think the town is on the upswing?.
No real upswing in sight. the town has charm as it is, and is just a few minutes drive to the Longbeach peninsula and a 20 min drive to Astoria, which IS on the upswing. potential for the right people.

Do you think the town is on the upswing?.
No real upswing in sight. the town has charm as it is, and is just a few minutes drive to the Longbeach peninsula and a 20 min drive to Astoria, which IS on the upswing. potential for the right people.
According to TA there are 6 B & Bs & inns in Ilwaco. From what I saw on the web site of the CVB and the City, there is much to trumpet to draw guests. The fishing, festivals, museums, etc. Even a State Park! One could start an upswing! We did it in my City.

Back