Property Management Software question

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flora Jen

Reaction score
What PMS software are folks using and loving these days? We're looking to shift away from an older program to one with more updated capabilities, customizable options, etc. HUGE plus if it is compatible with our current Merchant Account rather than forcing their own option on as a condition of service. Does anyone have one they love?

ReservationKey and the others I mentioned in your intro response allow you to choose who you want for processing. As I said - I use Square because: no fee unless I run a card, no hidden fees, money goes into my bank account within a day or 2, and I get an email about the deposit (they take their fee before deposit so no waiting until month end to find that out and the only time they would withdraw is if there was a chargeback), AND I can send an invoice for GC or if as in once case, Daddy wanted to pay for daughter's room. Slightly more fee, but worth it. (A Foundation I am treasurer of uses the invoice with Square to sell our merchandise - buyer gets invoice, enters cc#, we get email that invoice is paid, and we ship the merchandise. We do not even see the cc#, just that the money is in our account.)

ReservationKey and the others I mentioned in your intro response allow you to choose who you want for processing. As I said - I use Square because: no fee unless I run a card, no hidden fees, money goes into my bank account within a day or 2, and I get an email about the deposit (they take their fee before deposit so no waiting until month end to find that out and the only time they would withdraw is if there was a chargeback), AND I can send an invoice for GC or if as in once case, Daddy wanted to pay for daughter's room. Slightly more fee, but worth it. (A Foundation I am treasurer of uses the invoice with Square to sell our merchandise - buyer gets invoice, enters cc#, we get email that invoice is paid, and we ship the merchandise. We do not even see the cc#, just that the money is in our account.)
Thanks for this! I'll have a look at these options. I appreciate any other input as well!

Reservation Key only supports the following online payment methods:

• Authorize.net
  • First Payment Gateway
  • Offline Credit Card (they send you the card info and you charge it through your own terminal)
  • PaygistiX
  • PayPal
  • Square
  • Stripe (I use Stripe. Excellent and a lot cheaper and simpler than Authorize.net, who I hate. Long story.)
  • VacationRent Payment/InnPayment/Yapstone

I run RK. We process manually because it's cheaper. But for OTAs, we use Square to process misc extra charges. Works easily. We process with Elavon. No one has Interac, which is the Canadian Debit card system.... our prefered method... I mean it's under 10c a transaction... whats not to love!

Back