Proposal!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I just went to check on the lights and the couple in the living room told me they just got engaged! Here! Yay!
I took pix, sent them to them and they're updating FB.
I should go see if I can see their pages...

We had a proposal a few years ago. He slipped the ring to me and I tied it to the clapper of the bell she would use to summon the next course. They came back last summer with her aunt & uncle when he came back from Iraq. She sent me pix of their baby who was supposed to come with but they decided to ride the motorcycles and left baby with the grands. They were on a motorcycle trip when he proposed.

How wonderful that it happened and they shared the news with you right then and there. So nice to get those warm and fuzzies!

heart.gif

This is the weekend for it. There was an article in our local paper about several B & B;s being 'THE PLACE" to get engaged. Nice
heart.gif

The proposals are exciting every time, aren't they?
I had a guy a few years back who asked if I could keep anyone else from walking down the path to the water for 30 minutes while he popped the question.
By the time the two of them came back, everyone had gathered on the back deck and gave them a round of applause. Some guests had gathered roses from the garden and made a presentation to her.
It was a sweet community effort at surprising her and it all worked.

I had a guy a few years back who asked if I could keep anyone else from walking down the path to the water for 30 minutes while he popped the question.
By the time the two of them came back, everyone had gathered on the back deck and gave them a round of applause. Some guests had gathered roses from the garden and made a presentation to her.
It was a sweet community effort at surprising her and it all worked..
Innkeeper To Go said:
Sure glad she said yes!

Innkeeper To Go said:
Sure glad she said yes!
I was glad she said yes with ours - this was the first stop on a 3-day motorcycle trip.

Innkeeper To Go said:
Sure glad she said yes!
Copperhead said:
Sure glad she said yes!
Ain't it the truth.

We had a guy who wanted to propose and gave us the ring to serve to her after dinner. We tied it with ribbon onto a filled champagne glass and let it set on the foot of the glass in all it's sparkling glory. It was a beaut of a ring. He got down on one knee and asked her to marry him. She said yes and the whole dining room (all 18 of them) erupted in cheers. Very touching moment. One I'll remember for a long time.

We had a guy who wanted to propose and gave us the ring to serve to her after dinner. We tied it with ribbon onto a filled champagne glass and let it set on the foot of the glass in all it's sparkling glory. It was a beaut of a ring. He got down on one knee and asked her to marry him. She said yes and the whole dining room (all 18 of them) erupted in cheers. Very touching moment. One I'll remember for a long time..
THose are the 'touching kind' of stories we like to hear and hope they are more representative of what happens on Valentines stays:) We never had any problems with our Valentine guests. Talking or emailing with them ahead of time surely gives one the idea of what it might be like...not like sandynn's experience.

We had a guy who wanted to propose and gave us the ring to serve to her after dinner. We tied it with ribbon onto a filled champagne glass and let it set on the foot of the glass in all it's sparkling glory. It was a beaut of a ring. He got down on one knee and asked her to marry him. She said yes and the whole dining room (all 18 of them) erupted in cheers. Very touching moment. One I'll remember for a long time..
THose are the 'touching kind' of stories we like to hear and hope they are more representative of what happens on Valentines stays:) We never had any problems with our Valentine guests. Talking or emailing with them ahead of time surely gives one the idea of what it might be like...not like sandynn's experience.
catlady said:
not like sandynn's experience.
There are a few members on here where my jaw drops to my lap when I read their experiences. The level of patience needed to deal with some of those guests would test Mother Theresa

catlady said:
not like sandynn's experience.
There are a few members on here where my jaw drops to my lap when I read their experiences. The level of patience needed to deal with some of those guests would test Mother Theresa
Oh I agree 100% with you. I don't know if you have read all the past posts...but some folks have attracted more than their share of PITA"s!!! :-(

It could be that SandyAnn's Valentines guest are similar to our Graduation Weekend Guests here.
What they do here to control them is to require full payment up front. Period. That's the thing to do when you get unpredictable bookings to the point that you are considering closing! If they don't pay then you know they were not serious, and if it turns them away you don't care!
RIki

I am so old school on this you don't even want to know my comments. :)

Back