Pros and cons? Square signature removal.

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im fighting a charge back right now. A lady cancelled 2 days prior to arrival. She told me her mom was very ill and she could not make it. She ended up disputing the charges. Even with agreeing to our cancellation policy and making her reservation online she's still going to win. I sent in all kinds of documents. She is telling the credit card company that her card was stolen. So they are siding with her. This is going to be the new norm now is what the processing company is saying. I can go into mediation with Visa and show them all the info we have. But if they rule against us they will charge us $500-$1000. I have all the info needed but its not worth it..
Hillbilly said:
Im fighting a charge back right now. A lady cancelled 2 days prior to arrival. She told me her mom was very ill and she could not make it. She ended up disputing the charges. Even with agreeing to our cancellation policy and making her reservation online she's still going to win. I sent in all kinds of documents. She is telling the credit card company that her card was stolen. So they are siding with her. This is going to be the new norm now is what the processing company is saying. I can go into mediation with Visa and show them all the info we have. But if they rule against us they will charge us $500-$1000. I have all the info needed but its not worth it.
I don't understand why they would charge you that steeply when all you are doing is proving your 'case'. Did you send in the screen shot of the IP address that was used to make the reservation? That can confirm the location where the reservation was made.

Ya know, if I lost this one I may consider taking them to small claims court. Not really for the money as much as to tell this woman you don't take kindly to being lied to and accused of theft. Small claims court takes in to account that the reservation is a binding contract, as long as there is proof of that and that she agreed, she will loose.
Maybe I'm not reading this correctly, are you saying that you face a charge just to contest the chargeback, a charge in addition to the revenue lost by the chargeback? Sounds like a different processor may be in order.
Question or comment about your credit card system. My understanding is that there are different types of processing programs even with the same processor. One of those being the "sale" system, a room rental was recorded as a sale, the other a "lodging" system or program, shows check in and check out and lodging specific information. My understanding was that this gave some benefits although our cancellation policies are hopefully pretty reasonable.

Im fighting a charge back right now. A lady cancelled 2 days prior to arrival. She told me her mom was very ill and she could not make it. She ended up disputing the charges. Even with agreeing to our cancellation policy and making her reservation online she's still going to win. I sent in all kinds of documents. She is telling the credit card company that her card was stolen. So they are siding with her. This is going to be the new norm now is what the processing company is saying. I can go into mediation with Visa and show them all the info we have. But if they rule against us they will charge us $500-$1000. I have all the info needed but its not worth it..
Hillbilly said:
Im fighting a charge back right now. A lady cancelled 2 days prior to arrival. She told me her mom was very ill and she could not make it. She ended up disputing the charges. Even with agreeing to our cancellation policy and making her reservation online she's still going to win. I sent in all kinds of documents. She is telling the credit card company that her card was stolen. So they are siding with her. This is going to be the new norm now is what the processing company is saying. I can go into mediation with Visa and show them all the info we have. But if they rule against us they will charge us $500-$1000. I have all the info needed but its not worth it.
I don't understand why they would charge you that steeply when all you are doing is proving your 'case'. Did you send in the screen shot of the IP address that was used to make the reservation? That can confirm the location where the reservation was made.

Ya know, if I lost this one I may consider taking them to small claims court. Not really for the money as much as to tell this woman you don't take kindly to being lied to and accused of theft. Small claims court takes in to account that the reservation is a binding contract, as long as there is proof of that and that she agreed, she will loose.
Maybe I'm not reading this correctly, are you saying that you face a charge just to contest the chargeback, a charge in addition to the revenue lost by the chargeback? Sounds like a different processor may be in order.
Question or comment about your credit card system. My understanding is that there are different types of processing programs even with the same processor. One of those being the "sale" system, a room rental was recorded as a sale, the other a "lodging" system or program, shows check in and check out and lodging specific information. My understanding was that this gave some benefits although our cancellation policies are hopefully pretty reasonable.
I think almost all processors charge a fee for processing a chargeback. Square offers a chargeback insurance for the first $250 in chargebacks. And there are other insurance companies that offer chargeback insurance. But that's one of the reasons they are more expensive...

Problem encountered starting 2 days ago - the receipt screen disappeared! We no longer have an option to send the guest a receipt at the time we do the transaction.
I've turned it on and off a couple of times nothing makes a difference. Tomorrow I can try turning the signature back on to see if that helps.
Any ideas?

Problem encountered starting 2 days ago - the receipt screen disappeared! We no longer have an option to send the guest a receipt at the time we do the transaction.
I've turned it on and off a couple of times nothing makes a difference. Tomorrow I can try turning the signature back on to see if that helps.
Any ideas?.
Weird. You can always clear the cache

Any ideas?.
Generic said:
Yes. Maybe log out and back in again, too.

Any ideas?.
Generic said:
Just ran the credit cards of my pipeliners. Signature line came up both times.

Any ideas?.
Generic said:
On android, you can clear the cache first and then try it. Then clear the memory if that doesn't work and relogin.

Any ideas?.
Generic said:
gillumhouse said:
I turned the sig line off. Seems to have turned off the receipt line as well!

I'm catching up on some things and came across this. It does seem like the credit card companies tend to side with the cardholders more and more. A suggestion presented to me was if this occurs to report a "theft of services" to the local police. My understanding is this will end up in small claims court or something like that and if the other party does not show you will likely win and the other party ordered to pay restitution. Of course if they are from far enough away they may never return to your state but if they do, there will likely be a bench warrant out and you would eventually get your money. More likely they may reconsider disputing the charge if they know you might take this action.
I have not had to do this yet but spoke to someone I know who runs a local garage who had a similar problem and he told me this worked like a charm.

Back