Pumpkin Mousse

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Pumpkin-Mousse-2?pmcode=ILJD204U&_mid=2303997&_rid=2303997.915441.225046
We had friends over for supper tonight and this came in from Taste of Home this afternoon. It was perfect - DH is no sugar/no-fat, she is VERY diabetic, and he has to watch the cholesterol also. Not only did it fit the needs of those at the table - it was quick and easy. I used some of the pumpkin I had cooked down instead of canned and used "generous" 1/2 cup measures of both the pumpkin and the store-brand cool-whip. I just plopped a spoonful of the "cool whip" on top. I plan to make this instead of pumpkin pie for our Thanksgiving Dinner with our friends.

Speaking of West Virginia. I was handed a loaf of homemade raisin bread delivered here from West Virginia fresh from a bakery. It has been a long long time since a guest was so nice, ahem, let me clarify, a guest did something like this, unexpected. It made my whole morning today!
I am going to hijack for a moment. I would like to take this moment to educate. NASCAR this weekend, everyone here wants to be here, they are delightful and the best guests we have all year! I have 6 rooms with no special diets, if they have them they just won't eat what they can't eat.
6 rooms up and at 'em, I told DH coffee needs to be ready super early (breakfast is earlier a well). I said, this is akin to Christmas morning for these guests, they are up having coffee well before breakfast. All week my guests rolled down at 9am and can barely get to the coffee then.
This is a great houseful! None know each other, and yet they have a common thread and are excited this morning, if only you could hear the laughter at the table right now!
Yesterday (I told an innmate this story) the very arrogant "big man" at the table and his wife said "Thank GAWD we are not here when your NASCAR fans are" I said point blank "WHY?" They were caught off guard. Funny how predjuces are! Do they even know if I MYSELF am a NASCAR FAN? I told them "NASCAR WEEKENDS ARE THE BEST! WE LOVE OUR NASCAR FANS!"
These guests come from everywhere to this race, the weather is stinky today (the main race is tomorrow and it is supposed to be 60 degrees). But they are here and loving every minute! Even brought me bread! :)

What a nice thoughtful thing for guests to do! The man who owned the furniture store we had in town when we got here was a NASCAR fan. He would go to the races and pick up a load of furniture while he was there. Now that DH made a footboard into a headboard for another room - all my beds came from NC. Two mattress sets came from a factory that used to be in WV.
I love FUN guests - whatever they are interested in. Glad you have a fun bunch.

Speaking of West Virginia. I was handed a loaf of homemade raisin bread delivered here from West Virginia fresh from a bakery. It has been a long long time since a guest was so nice, ahem, let me clarify, a guest did something like this, unexpected. It made my whole morning today!
I am going to hijack for a moment. I would like to take this moment to educate. NASCAR this weekend, everyone here wants to be here, they are delightful and the best guests we have all year! I have 6 rooms with no special diets, if they have them they just won't eat what they can't eat.
6 rooms up and at 'em, I told DH coffee needs to be ready super early (breakfast is earlier a well). I said, this is akin to Christmas morning for these guests, they are up having coffee well before breakfast. All week my guests rolled down at 9am and can barely get to the coffee then.
This is a great houseful! None know each other, and yet they have a common thread and are excited this morning, if only you could hear the laughter at the table right now!
Yesterday (I told an innmate this story) the very arrogant "big man" at the table and his wife said "Thank GAWD we are not here when your NASCAR fans are" I said point blank "WHY?" They were caught off guard. Funny how predjuces are! Do they even know if I MYSELF am a NASCAR FAN? I told them "NASCAR WEEKENDS ARE THE BEST! WE LOVE OUR NASCAR FANS!"
These guests come from everywhere to this race, the weather is stinky today (the main race is tomorrow and it is supposed to be 60 degrees). But they are here and loving every minute! Even brought me bread! :).
Oh yeah..Martinsville...almost forgot...great race! Hopefully they will get it in tomorrow. Is there a Nationwide race there today? They may not have it.

These guests come from everywhere to this race, the weather is stinky today (the main race is tomorrow and it is supposed to be 60 degrees). But they are here and loving every minute! Even brought me bread! :).
Oh yeah..Martinsville...almost forgot...great race! Hopefully they will get it in tomorrow. Is there a Nationwide race there today? They may not have it.
We never get Nationwide, truck race only.
confused_smile.gif

Back