Pumpkin Muffins - 2 ingredients only

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
If anyone has these ingred's handy and wants to share the outcome, we would love to find out!
Pumpkin Muffins[/h3]
http://sweet-verbena.blogspot.com/2011/08/pumpkin-muffins.html
and serve with a tub of whipped cream cheese...I might have to go to the store for a few minutes and give these a shot. Of course if you must add more add some chopped walnuts or raisins, or use a spice cake mix, there would be no end to the doctoring on this one!

I have to go check if I have another can of pumpkin but I'm game to try this!

I make these all the time, except I use spiced cake mix. The yellow would work, too. And, the spice cake mix is usually not on sale or in the 'store brand' kind.
Make sure to mix it really well, otherwise you'll find little pockets of dry mix throughout. I've even sifted the cake mix. These tend to be very dense. Very tasty and SO easy!! I sprinkle some raw sugar over top before baking.

Dang! I have the pumpkin in the freezer but no cake mix. Next trip to the store maybe....

In the oven now, I used spice cake mix and plain pumpkin, vs plain cake mix and spiced pumpkin. LOL
put the pecan on top because I can't ice them and give in the bags, so just make them a little more attractive.
I took a few images, will share later once I get the finished product image. Smells pretty good in here.
updated: Not dense at all. But I used the liners so they were not super huge muffins (even tho the tin was the larger muffin size). If you made them without the liner then you would have a much bigger muffin, perhaps too big (imo).
I used TWO cake mixes $1.27 each, and 1 larger can of pumpkin puree = 20 muffins.

I always stock up on cake mixes when they're BOGO in the store for recipes like this. Will try it for company!

Back