Pumpkin Races

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
I could kick myself, I missed them. Tipsy, did you go? Any pix you can share?

Nooooo
sad_smile.gif
I missed them too - and you, better than anyone, know that, for me, that sort of fabulous idiocy is about as perfect as it gets. The Discovery Channel covered it this year.
Once again, I had guests having late breakfast, checking out at the last possible moment etc etc.
Next year - I'm doing a Pumpkin Regatta / Columbus Day / Love your Innkeeper Special that will feature a "help yourself" breakfast so I can get down there and spectate.
I already know what will happen tho'. DH will be travelling so I'll have to mind the store. STILL I'm going to try.

Nooooo
sad_smile.gif
I missed them too - and you, better than anyone, know that, for me, that sort of fabulous idiocy is about as perfect as it gets. The Discovery Channel covered it this year.
Once again, I had guests having late breakfast, checking out at the last possible moment etc etc.
Next year - I'm doing a Pumpkin Regatta / Columbus Day / Love your Innkeeper Special that will feature a "help yourself" breakfast so I can get down there and spectate.
I already know what will happen tho'. DH will be travelling so I'll have to mind the store. STILL I'm going to try..
Enter it and do a come watch your innkeeper in the Pumpkin Regatta. In leiu of breakfast give coupons for food at the Regatta!

Nooooo
sad_smile.gif
I already know what will happen tho'. DH will be travelling so I'll have to mind the store. STILL I'm going to try..
Enter it and do a come watch your innkeeper in the Pumpkin Regatta. In leiu of breakfast give coupons for food at the Regatta!
You're a GENIUS.
This works on so many levels ... it absolutely fits with my personality, the general aesthetics of the inn and if I sent out a "press release" we would have a waiting list a mile long of previous guests who would simply love to see me capsize.
Hmm - mind working overtime now - so much fun to be had naming the good ship pumpkin. Tipsy gives me so much to work with, as does anything duck related.

Nooooo
sad_smile.gif
You're a GENIUS.
This works on so many levels ... it absolutely fits with my personality, the general aesthetics of the inn and if I sent out a "press release" we would have a waiting list a mile long of previous guests who would simply love to see me capsize.
Hmm - mind working overtime now - so much fun to be had naming the good ship pumpkin. Tipsy gives me so much to work with, as does anything duck related.
I've never met a person who's better at marketing than Kathleen. It just exudes from her pores. You've heard of people who could sell refrigerators to Eskimos? She could sell them snow!
=)
Kk.

give free teeshirts to your guests to wear (great advertising!) that you can print the design on your computer and iron on - I've the kit and haven't tried it yet.. but the theory is good :)
have extra teeshirts on sale in your gift shop for them to take home

Nooooo
sad_smile.gif
You're a GENIUS.
Have a contest with your guests to name the ship. Get a ceramic pumpkin as the prize for the winning entry. Must be a guest to submit an entry. Run the contest through your slow season. I am sure you will figure out a way to use this as an incentive to pull guests in for a stay just to be able to possibly name your ship!

You guys are amazing...I learn something new every day!!!! More stuff for my "Got to try when it's my turn" notebook!!!

Nooooo
sad_smile.gif
You're a GENIUS.
Check my post about blurb.com...print up a book and have it on hand after you race next year. Guests will LOVE it!

The Pumpkin Regatta was on Weekend Update on SNL last night! As soon as the pumpkin boat pics popped up on the screen, I cheered for you guys. DH thought I was nuts.
Of course they made fun of it, but I hope it sends more guests your way next year!

Back