Purchasing bulk tolietries

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colleen848

Reaction score
There is already subject matter going on similar to this but I thought I would start a new one because I am interested in where I can purchase bulk tolietries, meaning shampoos, conditioners, hand lotion and body wash at a reasonable price.
I've searched the internet some but I'd like to hear from you on where you get yours.
Also, do you provide toothpaste and toothbrushes? Or, just for emergencies when people forget to pack theirs.
Any help will be appreciated.

it is not a good idea to start a new thread. this way it all stays together making searching easier.If you do a search, you will find we have discussed this already

we do toothbrushes and toothpaste but I just get the cheapest kind from Walmart its a lot cheaper than any travel type stuff you can order. As regards toiletries I am uk based so probably not much help but we use Melcrest and out of eden though there is a new company offering free delivery called Mashed I am curious about they keep putting flyers through the door. Our local whole sales bookers also does toiletries of the type you mean at a good price.

I appreciate your comment on starting a new post however someone else said it would be helpful for exactly the same reason. Go figure.

I have dispensers in the showers with soap/shampoo/conditioner. A gallon of each is cheaper than the little bottles, do not fill up my trash so I can stay at residential rate instead of commercial (more $$ for less trash), and does not fill the landfill (reason for commercial garbage rates). It satisfies the "Eco" crowd that I am being environmentally correct and it satisfies ME that I am being ECOnomical.

American Hotel Register, Gilchrist & Soames and Greenwich Bay all do amenities in bulk. The small bars of soap (1 oz) are a good size for one or two nighters. They will open a new bar when they need one.
I have toothbrushes & toothpaste for emergencies, not just out. If you only have 2 rooms, you could put them in the rooms. You can get a kit at the dollar store. Toothbrush and toothpaste and floss in a plastic carry bag. I keep the toothbrushes my dentist gives us twice/year. He also gives us toothpaste and floss so that's what I have on hand for guests. We've only been asked once for any of these things.

I have been buying from Greenwich Bay Trading Company for about 6 years. Small bars of soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and foaming milk bath in individual containers. I buy in bulk the shower gel which I refill the pumps in each room. The gel comes in gallon jugs. I also offer a shower cap, and dry cloth make up remover, cotton balls and q-tips, charmin toilet paper. I have extra toothpaste, tooth brushes and sewing kits on hand but hardly anyone requests those. They will personalize your soaps and small containers with your logo. I feel that the service from them and the quality of the product is wonderful and that is why I have stuck with them.

Sounds like you are going to have a smaller B&B if I'm reading your posts correctly? Check out bigordersavings.com. They have a variety of nice products that you can buy in smaller quantities. You can then change them up if the mood strikes you or if you just like to try different products.

Back