Q: What color paint goes well with beige carpeting?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
A: None, if applied directly to the carpet. Ugh. Dumped a whole tray of paint on the carpet.

My dh has done that. That stinks! There is some kind of product for latex wall paint on carpeting.... If I remember I'll let you know.

B. A small area rug, strategically placed. Have done the same thing myself.

B. A small area rug, strategically placed. Have done the same thing myself..
seashanty said:
Actually, it went under the radiator and then seeped under the carpet. It shows if you're looking for it, luckily in the corner and not in the middle of the room. I suppose I should wander downstairs and make sure it hasn't seeped thru into the room underneath.
The paint will be the death of me...it's taken 2 coats so far and I can still see the white walls underneath. Which means I've done 2 short walls, used a 1/2 gal of paint and I still need to redo those 2 walls when the rest of the room is done. Basically repainting the whole thing.

I dumped a gallon of paint once on accident. Luckily I had a tarp down. I have had to do 3-4 coats sometimes to get it just right. I also just learned the hard way after spending all this time painting kitchen cabinets. The cabinets were painted previously and I didn't use primer and now the new paint is already chipping off. I applied the semi gloss to a semi gloss surface and should of primed it first.

I dumped a gallon of paint once on accident. Luckily I had a tarp down. I have had to do 3-4 coats sometimes to get it just right. I also just learned the hard way after spending all this time painting kitchen cabinets. The cabinets were painted previously and I didn't use primer and now the new paint is already chipping off. I applied the semi gloss to a semi gloss surface and should of primed it first..
oceans said:
I dumped a gallon of paint once on accident. Luckily I had a tarp down. I have had to do 3-4 coats sometimes to get it just right. I also just learned the hard way after spending all this time painting kitchen cabinets. The cabinets were painted previously and I didn't use primer and now the new paint is already chipping off. I applied the semi gloss to a semi gloss surface and should of primed it first.
We redid the cabinets 2 years ago and, yes, primer definitely helps! Also cleaning first with TSP or TSP substitute.

B. A small area rug, strategically placed. Have done the same thing myself..
seashanty said:
Actually, it went under the radiator and then seeped under the carpet. It shows if you're looking for it, luckily in the corner and not in the middle of the room. I suppose I should wander downstairs and make sure it hasn't seeped thru into the room underneath.
The paint will be the death of me...it's taken 2 coats so far and I can still see the white walls underneath. Which means I've done 2 short walls, used a 1/2 gal of paint and I still need to redo those 2 walls when the rest of the room is done. Basically repainting the whole thing.
We had to do 2 coats on most of the walls here. I have no idea of the quality of paint they used when they painted the sheet rock after renovations. We had a sneaking suspicion that there was no primer involved or the paint was cheap, cheap, cheap...the new paint seemed to just soak in. The most difficult color was red which we put over a reddish color and thought it would be easy to cover. uh, no. One blue was just not covering and we went back to Lowes & whined about it. They gave us paint for free but that didn't help that the reception hall took the work of 3 coats of paint! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh... We used all Historic Trust colors.
One of the reasons that our bedroom isn't painted is that we knocked a wall down & there is some new sheetrock in there. The whole room has to be primed. Not that it probably wouldn't anyway...it's a horrible baby poo green. Yuck! Along with all the crap, that's just another reason why no one is allowed in there. haha!
I think we just got tired after re-painting the entire interior of this house except where we live. Always the way.....

Back