QR Code for Wifi Access

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
I saw this on Lifehacker yesterday (but it was over quota, so inaccessible) and tried it today. We have a guest wifi network, but we use a WPA2 password to keep the neighbours out. Well, this lets us create a QR code so that guests with Android can just scan and connect using Barcode Scanner. I tried it and it works...
QR Generator is at: zxing.appspot.com/generator/
From http://lifehacker.com/5835743/how-to-share-your-wi+fi-network-with-android-users-with-a-qr-code-and-barcode-scanner with explanations
Now, I don't have to deal with mistyped passwords!

Where do you post the QR code?.
Wherever you currently list your information for Internet access. We keep ours in the entryway. They can just scan it. If their scanning program doesn't automatically allow them to use it for networking, they will at least be able to copy and paste the text and have the settings.

This is awesome. I'm going to use this on some min-posters that I can place around the area to direct people to our website etc.

This is awesome. I'm going to use this on some min-posters that I can place around the area to direct people to our website etc..
thats good cos it will boost your web site traffic with people just being plain curious!

Back