QR Code

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBBBoB

Reaction score
We are just about to order new rack cards & business cards. I am toying with the idea to incorporate the new QR code on it.
QR%20code.png

Has anyone done this? Any comments? I was also thinking of having a page dedicated to it ie:mckinnonsbb.com/qr.htm so I can keep track of any traffic from that coding.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
BBBBob

Explain what the QR code does. How would the guest use it? I see them in magazines all the time. But, without a QR-code-reading app it does me no good so I don't understand what it does.

BBBoB: Great idea. Although, I think you should just attach it to a bit.ly address that forwards to your landing page. (Bit.ly accounts are free, and you can track hits) http://bit.ly
Alibi: QR code have two uses
1) They allow people with smart phones to simply scan the code, and be brought to the company's website, or receive a promotion/special discount code.
2) They attract people, because they are very noticable, and people are always looking for excuses to scan QR codes with their new-fancy smartphones. Android phones come with QR scanning usually built in. iPhone users can download one of many free QR readers.

BBBoB: Great idea. Although, I think you should just attach it to a bit.ly address that forwards to your landing page. (Bit.ly accounts are free, and you can track hits) http://bit.ly
1) They allow people with smart phones to simply scan the code, and be brought to the company's website, or receive a promotion/special discount code.
2) They attract people, because they are very noticable, and people are always looking for excuses to scan QR codes with their new-fancy smartphones. Android phones come with QR scanning usually built in. iPhone users can download one of many free QR readers..
So, where do I go to create one?

2) They attract people, because they are very noticable, and people are always looking for excuses to scan QR codes with their new-fancy smartphones. Android phones come with QR scanning usually built in. iPhone users can download one of many free QR readers..
So, where do I go to create one?
You can make one here
http://qrcode.kaywa.com/

Explain what the QR code does. How would the guest use it? I see them in magazines all the time. But, without a QR-code-reading app it does me no good so I don't understand what it does..
You would scan it with your cell phone. You can have the QR code link to almost anything, home page, booking page, information page or just a business card. Possibilities are endless. What I am hoping for is that cell phone users will scan it to go to the site. I see the techies at work using it. Thought it would be useful, something the competition does not have.
If you have a cell phone with a camera on it, download the QR reader app. for your particular phone. Scan the QR code on this thread and it will pop to our website.
BBBBob

I say go for it, BBBoB. It will help you track the usage of your rack cards, particularly with the techie crowd.
But more than that, it makes it more convenient for travellers who are already on the road to check you out. I'm seeing more and more guests who find their accommodations on the fly. I've had guests call me from their cellphone at the visitor centre saying they're looking at my rack card and do I have a room available. Sometimes they're already looking at my website, sometimes not. If I can make it easier for them to go straight to my website, then all the better.

I did it on a recent rack card. DOn't know if it has done anything or not. But heck why not?

I say go for it, BBBoB. It will help you track the usage of your rack cards, particularly with the techie crowd.
But more than that, it makes it more convenient for travellers who are already on the road to check you out. I'm seeing more and more guests who find their accommodations on the fly. I've had guests call me from their cellphone at the visitor centre saying they're looking at my rack card and do I have a room available. Sometimes they're already looking at my website, sometimes not. If I can make it easier for them to go straight to my website, then all the better..
We've had guests sit in the driveway and read our TA reviews before they ring the bell. Yowza!

Back