Question about guest perks

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
If you do something special for guests who return year after year, would you extend the same perk to their kids who have grown up coming to the inn and are now coming on their own or do they have to earn the perks by their own repeat business?
Who knew we would be here long enough to wonder about this!

I think a small to medium perk would be in order - if they are coming on their own it means a lot. they are not there because the Ps are dragging them - willing or not. They are there of their own volition - THAT says a lot for YOU!!

Yes, give them the perk. They are coming back because they like you and your service. Show them appreciation and they might be coming back for the rest of their lives.... and frankly they will likely live longer than their parents :)

Yes, give them the perk. They are coming back because they like you and your service. Show them appreciation and they might be coming back for the rest of their lives.... and frankly they will likely live longer than their parents :).
And they'll bring THEIR kids when they have them. Which is how our friend with the resort does it. The people coming now with their grandkids are the 'kids' he played with when they were all 8 years old.

Who knew we would be here long enough to wonder about this!
cheers.gif
Personally I wish these were wine glasses but you get the jest!
teeth_smile.gif

I don't know what the perks are, but I'd give them AND be sure the kids know they are getting them in appreciation of their being longtime customers ... Said inperson or note in some classy way.

I don't know what the perks are, but I'd give them AND be sure the kids know they are getting them in appreciation of their being longtime customers ... Said inperson or note in some classy way..
I do tell the kids that they're getting this because of their parents coming so much and the hope the kids will come again, too. I hope they tell their parents, but I don't know.

Hope I get to the place where their kids come back! Most of my customers are 25-35 year range, so it may be a while....but I'd give them the perks!

Back