Question about RezKey

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Does rezkey have a feature where you can print out all the incoming reservation check in sheets from one place? Or do I have to open every reservation and print individually? Please tell me there is a batch job!

I may have RK set up totally different, but for me I print mine individually as I have those registration sheets set up as an email template and not sure how I would print email as a batch, perhaps there is a better way.
For me, my love and computers don't play well together, so for us as reservations arrive I print out a sheet, that way I have the computer and she still has the pre-computer paper method of keeping track of reservations

On the main availability calendar screen, lower right corner: "Bulk Print"
Haven't used this, but think it does what you want.

You've brought up something else - is there a template for a check in document? Or any documents at all, or is everything set up as an email?

Here is what we do:
1. Select the reservations tab
2. Under advanced check the 2 bottom boxes (to exclude reservations we don't want)
3. Select check in for today
This brings up the list of all of todays arriving reservations. At this point you can check of the ones you want to print and at the bottom there is a button "Print selected".
We have 2 different registration documents. One for reservations where we collect payment, and one for OTA reservations where they collect payment. One shows the pricing details of the room while the other simply says "Prepaid room" but still indicates which room they are in.
You set up the templates for this under the e-mail templates section. Every one of those can either be e-mailed or printed.

You've brought up something else - is there a template for a check in document? Or any documents at all, or is everything set up as an email?.
Do you have a current one? Should be easy enough to convert.

So, here's what we've always done: I bought a 12 month vinyl compartmental filing case years ago. As I process each reservation, I automatically print it and file it. Done. Each day I simply pull out the print outs of who's checking in.
Also, more importantly, on the rare occasion when the Cloud fails and RK goes offline OR we lose power... everything is right there. No need to ever fret.

You've brought up something else - is there a template for a check in document? Or any documents at all, or is everything set up as an email?.
Generic said:
It's all coded. So, it's actually easier to start from scratch. I think formatting might be the problem... But, I haven't tried it yet.

Here is what we do:
1. Select the reservations tab
2. Under advanced check the 2 bottom boxes (to exclude reservations we don't want)
3. Select check in for today
This brings up the list of all of todays arriving reservations. At this point you can check of the ones you want to print and at the bottom there is a button "Print selected".
We have 2 different registration documents. One for reservations where we collect payment, and one for OTA reservations where they collect payment. One shows the pricing details of the room while the other simply says "Prepaid room" but still indicates which room they are in.
You set up the templates for this under the e-mail templates section. Every one of those can either be e-mailed or printed..
Thanks for the step-by-step. I followed along and see how you're doing that.

So, here's what we've always done: I bought a 12 month vinyl compartmental filing case years ago. As I process each reservation, I automatically print it and file it. Done. Each day I simply pull out the print outs of who's checking in.
Also, more importantly, on the rare occasion when the Cloud fails and RK goes offline OR we lose power... everything is right there. No need to ever fret..
This might work, too. But, I'm not really good at filing. I tried it years ago before Square when I had to pull out every credit card receipt for daily check in. Amazing how much was in the wrong month.
I'm seriously hoping this system is not offline so often that it's worth mentioning! I'm spoiled by 99.99% up time. Local power outages are something else.

Haven't used this, but think it does what you want..
OnTheShore said:
Haven't used this, but think it does what you want.
I think this will work exactly how I want it to. Thanks! Amazing what's right in front of me that I don't see.

Also, more importantly, on the rare occasion when the Cloud fails and RK goes offline OR we lose power... everything is right there. No need to ever fret..
This might work, too. But, I'm not really good at filing. I tried it years ago before Square when I had to pull out every credit card receipt for daily check in. Amazing how much was in the wrong month.
I'm seriously hoping this system is not offline so often that it's worth mentioning! I'm spoiled by 99.99% up time. Local power outages are something else.
There were more outages in the past, can't recall any in a long while since the AWS servers were upgraded, however, one never knows these days...
We don't normally get tons of reservations a day, so not a lot to file on a daily basis. I too, occasionally misfile, but usually I can just reach in and pull out what ever is now in front. Simple.
We use this: Office Depot® Brand 21-Pocket File Case, Legal Size, Black Item # 267117 It easily opens and expands to make filing a cinch.

There were more outages in the past, can't recall any in a long while since the AWS servers were upgraded, however, one never knows these days...
We don't normally get tons of reservations a day, so not a lot to file on a daily basis. I too, occasionally misfile, but usually I can just reach in and pull out what ever is now in front. Simple.
We use this: Office Depot® Brand 21-Pocket File Case, Legal Size, Black Item # 267117 It easily opens and expands to make filing a cinch.
We have not had enough outages to make it worth me taking time to set this up, but one way to provide yourself some back up that I was thinking about was to set up a series of google calendars, one fore each of your rooms, and then sync them with the ical function on Reskey. This way even if ResKey went out and even if power went out you could still get them on your cell phone, or at least who belongs in which room.

I keep 3 x 5 index cards in an old recipe box with each rez info as a backup. But I only have 3 rooms.

I keep 3 x 5 index cards in an old recipe box with each rez info as a backup. But I only have 3 rooms..
I haven't had significant down time with Rezkey. And if need be, I can use my phone to connect even if the power is down. But I have emails to trace, if I really need anything.

I keep 3 x 5 index cards in an old recipe box with each rez info as a backup. But I only have 3 rooms..
I haven't had significant down time with Rezkey. And if need be, I can use my phone to connect even if the power is down. But I have emails to trace, if I really need anything.
I cannot go in and edit my reply - I have no complaint with RezKey being down (extremely rare). I keep my cards in case MY power is out making my computer and iPad etc useless unless I use my phone as a hotspot. And yes, that is the beauty of RezKey - I can access it from my cell phone, iPad, or Kindle no matter where I am.

I cannot go in and edit my reply - I have no complaint with RezKey being down (extremely rare). I keep my cards in case MY power is out making my computer and iPad etc useless unless I use my phone as a hotspot. And yes, that is the beauty of RezKey - I can access it from my cell phone, iPad, or Kindle no matter where I am.
Yup, so worst case scenario, I look up stuff on my phone if the power is down.

Back