Question about what Questions Innkeepers would have

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHAT are the difference in flours what do the number mean? when do you use these flours?
When you have vegan and they cannot have normal baking powder or spreads. What can you sub with? Even soy sauces .cheeses, sour creams.
Have a guest that cannot use all syrups as there is a chemical that is used in some she is allergic to ??? I am finding all these diet restrictions are very costly . You may have one or two vegan in a six month time frame so this food gets thrown out. How can you find a better way to cheaper breakfast yet not spoil quality? Buying cookies cereals are difficult if you don't live in a big city. Having a celaic and can't use the same toaster or frying pans you normal use . I was not awear until this year they have to have there own toaster and frying pans. things like this would help knowing these facts to help us get around these hick ups what to do, what to serve to people with such allergys..
My gluten-free lady said this was the first time she has not had to bring her own food. she says she usually does because there are so many things she cannot eat. I look at it as a challenge instead of a chore. If I manage to do it, I get a gold star on my forehead! The only time it bugs the crap out of me is when they do not tell me until the last minute - on arrival or at breakfast.

WHAT are the difference in flours what do the number mean? when do you use these flours?
When you have vegan and they cannot have normal baking powder or spreads. What can you sub with? Even soy sauces .cheeses, sour creams.
Have a guest that cannot use all syrups as there is a chemical that is used in some she is allergic to ??? I am finding all these diet restrictions are very costly . You may have one or two vegan in a six month time frame so this food gets thrown out. How can you find a better way to cheaper breakfast yet not spoil quality? Buying cookies cereals are difficult if you don't live in a big city. Having a celaic and can't use the same toaster or frying pans you normal use . I was not awear until this year they have to have there own toaster and frying pans. things like this would help knowing these facts to help us get around these hick ups what to do, what to serve to people with such allergys..
Let's get real here..... You can only do so much for guests.
If there are that many problems, then it is their problem not yours.
You are not a restaurant nor are you a registered dietician. These folks have to realize you can only go so far in your service to them.
Sometimes you just have to say sorry, but I think you would be better served staying elsewhere as I cannot accommodate your special dietary needs.
my neighbour here does a special gluten free service but we are a busy conference town with approx 100 B&B's and 16 Large hotels so this is a good selling feature for them.

What I would like is some sort of spreadsheet that would cost out a meal if I entered the ingredients. One that would also spit out what the appropriate serving size is.
So, I enter a certain amount of eggs, cheese, veggies (and how much I paid for them) and the program spits out how many servings of omelets I should get from that list (and leftover amounts) along with how much each serving costs (and what is 'waste cost' in re the leftovers).
And, after using for awhile, would then suggest another recipe I could make with the leftovers!
I'm not sure that's really a question as much as wanting a real chef in the kitchen!.
Madeleine said:
What I would like is some sort of spreadsheet that would cost out a meal if I entered the ingredients. One that would also spit out what the appropriate serving size is.
So, I enter a certain amount of eggs, cheese, veggies (and how much I paid for them) and the program spits out how many servings of omelets I should get from that list (and leftover amounts) along with how much each serving costs (and what is 'waste cost' in re the leftovers).
And, after using for awhile, would then suggest another recipe I could make with the leftovers!
I'm not sure that's really a question as much as wanting a real chef in the kitchen!
Try this http://www.winsite.com/Business/Spreadsheets/MenuCostPro/
Have not tried it but it took 30 seconds to find via google.

I'm not sure that's really a question as much as wanting a real chef in the kitchen!.
Madeleine said:
I'm not sure that's really a question as much as wanting a real chef in the kitchen!
Should have mentioned 'free'.
wink_smile.gif
I've seen these. What I really want is one developed for a smaller property. Maybe I should just do that over the winter and see if I could sell it!

Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
I've seen these. What I really want is one developed for a smaller property. Maybe I should just do that over the winter and see if I could sell it!
Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
Cheap is good, Free is better! ;-)
If you do it use Microsoft Acess. I have done a lot of cost analysis using it and can be very friendly once you get the hang of the formulas.

Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
Cheap is good, Free is better! ;-)
If you do it use Microsoft Acess. I have done a lot of cost analysis using it and can be very friendly once you get the hang of the formulas.
Sorry, but anymore, most people don't shell out the $$ to pay for MS office Professional with Access :-( Don't know if there is open source Access or not???

Back