Question for anyone who's used Guest Tracker

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
Rezovation is going to stop supporting Guest Tracker at the end of this year. I have an innkeeper friend who is looking to upgrade. She does NOT want Rezovations. Has anyone else switched from Guest Tracker to something else?
My friend is not tech savvy at all, I think Reservation Key would be too much for her, and not enough support. Super Inn looks like it would be the closest match to what she has now, but I don't know what her conversion from Guest Tracker is going to look like. Any thoughts?

No matter what software she goes with, she will be able to retain her guest information, but NOT reservation history, notes and comments.
It's going to be tough for her.
sad_smile.gif

She should contact whoerver she is looking to switch to and ask them IF they can import all of her notes and history. Most of the systems are set up so they can't import another system's db into them. Proprietary is sometimes just silly.

It IS going to be tough for her...AND for me 'cause I'm her "tech support"! DH is a database guy, I'm hoping he could create one for her that would store her old Guest Tracker info and she can input into whatever new system she gets.

On this same token, we built a new pc here (this one I am now just last night, still need to get all my docs and pix etc from the old one), and husband asked me if I plan on giving this to the new owners (not that we have an offer, mind you). I said NO WAY. As we were moving over different programs I USE.
I have met some innkeepers who are totally clueless, I mean NADA in the technical department, don't use online reservations for that reason! Anyway, I digress, I told him no, this is not conveying, and in fact I will give them the online reservations and website, but they won't be getting all my personal guest note/info. That is MY stuff, and yes this business is personal, so I am not handing it over. I guess I never thought about all those little notes I make, as it is very personal and a part of my life. They can manage all the reservations online with the online system we have., or go back to index cards and the phone...which is what they mostly sound like!
Those who HAVE looked here (last year) only wanted to bake muffins and sip lemonade on the porch. None of them had any "REAL" knowledge of what running a bed and breakfast is really about...like we say to newbies on this forum so often and they don't get it and think we are being antagonistic, but really we are just being honest. You need to wear many hats to run an inn successfully AND competently. They go hand in hand...gardening and smiling as you pour their coffee are not the only prerequisites.

On this same token, we built a new pc here (this one I am now just last night, still need to get all my docs and pix etc from the old one), and husband asked me if I plan on giving this to the new owners (not that we have an offer, mind you). I said NO WAY. As we were moving over different programs I USE.
I have met some innkeepers who are totally clueless, I mean NADA in the technical department, don't use online reservations for that reason! Anyway, I digress, I told him no, this is not conveying, and in fact I will give them the online reservations and website, but they won't be getting all my personal guest note/info. That is MY stuff, and yes this business is personal, so I am not handing it over. I guess I never thought about all those little notes I make, as it is very personal and a part of my life. They can manage all the reservations online with the online system we have., or go back to index cards and the phone...which is what they mostly sound like!
Those who HAVE looked here (last year) only wanted to bake muffins and sip lemonade on the porch. None of them had any "REAL" knowledge of what running a bed and breakfast is really about...like we say to newbies on this forum so often and they don't get it and think we are being antagonistic, but really we are just being honest. You need to wear many hats to run an inn successfully AND competently. They go hand in hand...gardening and smiling as you pour their coffee are not the only prerequisites..
So JB, you're not making notes inside the guest's reservation on Reservation Key?

Those who HAVE looked here (last year) only wanted to bake muffins and sip lemonade on the porch. None of them had any "REAL" knowledge of what running a bed and breakfast is really about...like we say to newbies on this forum so often and they don't get it and think we are being antagonistic, but really we are just being honest. You need to wear many hats to run an inn successfully AND competently. They go hand in hand...gardening and smiling as you pour their coffee are not the only prerequisites..
So JB, you're not making notes inside the guest's reservation on Reservation Key?
Not personal notes. Only business notes at the time of booking. I am still using my guest mgmt system on my desktop in conjunction with rezkey (without any cc details for PCI compliance). So in there I add personal notes, I have done this from day one as I spend time with our guests (usually at breakfast). I won't put a note "PITA" or something in rezkey. LOL

Back