Question for Rezovations/Webervations Users

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
Question for those who use Webervations/Rezovation...if you use the computer system to input reservations that you have taken by phone, do you code them somehow to let you know that it was booked on the phone and not online? We are still waiting to get the go ahead on Rezovation GTO but I am trying to get some systems in place for when we do the conversion.

We use Webervations. I didn't know you could key in phone reservations.
I'm just learning the system, but have found a what seems to work for us (we're small potatoes)
For phone reservations, I've created a form that makes it easy to take the information down. I then run the credit card number to verify it then staple form and verification together and add the whole mess to Quickbooks. I've created an invoice in Quickbooks called "Reservation Confirmation" that I fill out and send to the guest as their confirmation along with the usual form greeting and any custom message.
If I receive a Webervations online reservation, I print off that reservation request, verify the credit card and follow the same entry procedure as above.
If there is a better way, I'm all ears.
p.s. I'm on a Macintosh, so there are some limitations as to what I can do with the software in question.

I'm just learning the system, but have found a what seems to work for us (we're small potatoes)
For phone reservations, I've created a form that makes it easy to take the information down. I then run the credit card number to verify it then staple form and verification together and add the whole mess to Quickbooks. I've created an invoice in Quickbooks called "Reservation Confirmation" that I fill out and send to the guest as their confirmation along with the usual form greeting and any custom message.
If I receive a Webervations online reservation, I print off that reservation request, verify the credit card and follow the same entry procedure as above.
p.s. I'm on a Macintosh, so there are some limitations as to what I can do with the software in question..
With my software..I used InnReserve. When I took a phone reservation and input the info into the software, I just had to click a button to upload the data to Webervations. THen it automatically took the room/s out of circulation. Very easy to do. I think most of the guest management software did that.
Of course many have switched to just on line guest management. So I assume if you take a phone reservation, there has to be a way to update that as well or else you physically have to type in the info so your availability is up to date.

This doesn't help you, but, my rez system codes the web reservations with a different confirmation number code. If I'm logged in and taking reservations, it codes the phone rez with the first 2 letters of my name. If hubs is logged in, it codes it with his letters, the web-based ones are coded with 'WW'. It does help to know which ones are web-based because then we know we did not speak to the guests.

With WebervationsGT it records how the reservation came in automatically..if they book online it says so, and If I enter it, it indicates that. If I had more users on the system it would indicate which user entered it.

Thanks for the replies...they are all helpful. We will definitely "code" them somehow just so we'll know if we actually spoke to them or not. Swirt, it seems likely that GTO will have a similar feature, would you think? I am SO anxious to get started with it!!

Thanks for the replies...they are all helpful. We will definitely "code" them somehow just so we'll know if we actually spoke to them or not. Swirt, it seems likely that GTO will have a similar feature, would you think? I am SO anxious to get started with it!!.
Yes GTO would have identical features as GTO is the same as GT only you are accessing it on another machine.

p.s. I'm on a Macintosh, so there are some limitations as to what I can do with the software in question..
Proud Texan said:
Yes you can enter the info under Nightclerk, in reg. webervations. I do not add a code but thought of that after a recent thread. It would be nice to trace which had 'agreed to the terms' when submitting the reservations and which ones were by phone. This was in my plans ever since that was mentioned. Just need to put in place.
I do not have a real confirmation #, just use arrival date and first letter of room rented, guess I could add a second letter P for phone O for online. - Thanks - Now I have it!

If you are using rezOvation, you can select the "SOURCE" of the reservation...which you could put PHONE as a selection...although it would be better if you select an actual source (as in...where they found you.)
However, I love RezOvation's ability to search basically anything...and it's super easy...if you simply put something like "PHONE" in the guest notes...or internal notes...then do a custom filter in the reservation section....search for "PHONE" in the notes...it will bring up all the reservations that were made by phone....I'm pretty sure you can create a report based on that info as well.

Back