Question for the Breakfast Gurus

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
My aunt owns a full service salon/day spa and they frequently host bridal parties. She is looking for some out-of-the ordinary ideas for cold breakfast items. Evidently she currently does muffins/pastries, fruit and bagels. I suggested hard boiled eggs and yogurt, maybe granola. Does anyone have any cold savory breakfast recipes?
Thanks!

Sliced tomatoes, croissants w cheese, ham (laid out near it boofay style -layers of cheeses, ham...), prawn cocktails The last thing I would put out is boiled eggs, imo. Avoid eggs just do "other" stuff.

I get the breakfast thing......not sure if bowls of cereal or things like that would be appropriate.........it appears to me what the intention would most likely be.......kinda finger foods.....nothing that can spill, ooze or get squeezed out of and onto dresses
Muffins, pastry, bagels and such is perfect......can do an interlude as a brunch as Joey is indicating....cheese, can also provide sliced meats, and bread like Rye, Pumpernikel, cut in half....finger sandwiches

I like mini quiche for this kind of thing. Can be made ahead and quiche only needs to be warm, not hot.
RIki

Savoury scones made with cheddar and/or ham and fresh or dried herbs.
Slice a frittata into squares and serve on crostini. Or skewer squares of frittata with grape tomatoes and pieces of cheese and ham.
Mini alsatian onion tarts or other savoury tarts or quiches which work well at room temperature.
Slice bagels spoke-wise into rounds for dipping into a cream cheese based dip.

fruit kebobs (a spin off her regular fruit maybe?)
Finger sandwiches
toothpicks with small pieces of cheese and sausage
Sliced pound cake topped with berries and powdered sugar

Savoury scones made with cheddar and/or ham and fresh or dried herbs.
Slice a frittata into squares and serve on crostini. Or skewer squares of frittata with grape tomatoes and pieces of cheese and ham.
Mini alsatian onion tarts or other savoury tarts or quiches which work well at room temperature.
Slice bagels spoke-wise into rounds for dipping into a cream cheese based dip..
Jacks, those all sound dee-lish!!

Back