Question for the smartest people I know....... about beds

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTLLodge

Reaction score
The best bed setup for my B&B would be the beds they have on a cruise ship... you could have twins or put them together for a queen or kings size, Now the question is where can I get them??? You guys are the greatest!
cheers.gif
cheers

You can just buy twin beds and put them together. DOnt' need any special type. You can then use say a memory foam padding on top when you put the two together. THey make some sort of gizmo to "tie beds together" and fill in the gap and then you can still put extra padding over it to make it less noticeable.
See here as an option

if you buy a bed 'doubler' to make two twins act as a king, you MUST have twins of the same size and height. otherwise it's not a pleasant bed experience. i say this from using the bed doubler for guests and encouraging their input. i got one that had a piece that fitted over the 'seam' where the two beds came together. finding that not so comfortable for guests wanting to snuggle (which was the point after all), i bought a good quality foam topper to fit over the two mattresses when it was being used as one bed. fitted sheets are a challenge ~ i think i ended up using california kings. it was a lot of trial and error. one enthusiastic couple had the doubler open up and the beds moved apart in the night. and it was never my intention to embarrass anyone and i tried really hard to avoid issues with the bed(s).
i believe there are others on forum who use the doublers in their b&b's.

Just remember the addtl linen if you have it set up for both ways. If the beds are heavy or difficult to move also.

Just remember the addtl linen if you have it set up for both ways. If the beds are heavy or difficult to move also..
putting the beds together horizontally rather than vertically could work better. BUt again, the hassle of moving the furniture around, different sheet sizes etc etc. Is is worth all this trouble? I know lots that do it as an alternative in their B & B.

Back