Question for TripAdvisor

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R, you rock!!! I love it, love every thing you said and how you said, well done!!!!
Then the title makes me chuckle, really? No kidding. YOU ARE NOW BANNED! haha.
Joey Bloggs said:
R, you rock!!! I love it, love every thing you said and how you said, well done!!!!
Then the title makes me chuckle, really? No kidding. YOU ARE NOW BANNED! haha
You becha she's on our PITA list!!!!
Riki

$50 bucks for ONE review? Gee what am I doing here making below min wage!
shades_smile.gif

Hey it just occurred to me - I get this lengthy email from iLoveInns that they won't put up my bad review until they see my response and this is how to respond yada yada
I have 35 reviews. How come iLoveInns didn't email me about the stellar 34 reviews that they are going to post those???
Just goes to show all these online yoyos are just looking for the juicy ones.
Riki

They seem to have a policy of posting all reviews immediately, then going back and reviewing the review and if it doesn't fit their standards removing it. They DO NOT CARE about you, the business owner, at all. And yes, the "juicy" bit is exactly right...
Edited after I read the review to add that #1, this is the ONLY review this person has written, so it clearly shows they were just upset. #2, in light of the positively glowing reviews that make up the rest of your listing I wouldn't (as a guest) give this one a second thought. Finally, the review actually shows that you stick to your policies, even what she said about Chris' words sounds like he was being professional..
Actually the guests we get that check us and pick us partially basing their decision on TripAdvisor have been wonderful. When you figure they are spending for the room AND the wine tour, that gets up there in price, and they feel more confident committing to the cost with good tripadvisor reviews.
We probably will more benefit from looking more REAL than before with only great reviews. At least that's what I hope.
But I continue to REFUSE to be blackmailed by people threatening me with bad reviews if I don't do what they want.
RIki
Yes, but you don't know that they're picking you because you're a certain number...it sounds like they are picking you because you have so many good reviews. I'm talking about the people who would ONLY pick you because you're a certain ranking, they are the ones always looking for trouble.
I hope they put your response up soon, I would bug them until they do. Our innkeeper friends repeatedly threaten legal action (because she is an attorney) and they seem to get what they want, and quickly, from TA.
I will have to figure out how to contact them. You know they are not interested in hearing from innkeepers. And I have to wait the 3-7 days they say it takes to put the response up.
RIki
I sent TA one of those notes "inapproriate posting" things...I know they just require guest interaction of some type..but i think that is plain wrong. It probably won't help you any but heck I felt like sending those folks an email
devil_smile.gif

catlady said:
I sent TA one of those notes "inapproriate posting" things...I know they just require guest interaction of some type..but i think that is plain wrong. It probably won't help you any but heck I felt like sending those folks an email
devil_smile.gif
Aww that was nice, thank you. Now I just got an email from iLoveInns - a directory which I DO NOT BELONG TO AND AM NOT LISTED ON. They have informed me that I have received a bad review and that they are holding off posting it on their website until my response has shown up.
I emailed them and told them that I don't understand why they are threatening to post bad information about my inn on their website when I'm not in their directory, and that this email has further enforced my decision to NEVER join their directory. Cheeze!
RIki
obviously they are going to every review site to post a bad review.
After all......you jilted them and were insensitive to their grandmothers condition.
LOL.......I had a chuckle typing that
One Day said:
After all......you jilted them and were insensitive to their grandmothers condition.
Oh no you misunderstand. iLoveInns emailed that I had a bad review on TripAdvisor. I am not listed with i Loveinns so nobody could list a bad review there. iLoveinns obviously lists the TripAdvisor reviews on their own website and can't tell who is listed with them and who is not.
riki
egoodell said:
One Day said:
Oh no you misunderstand. iLoveInns emailed that I had a bad review on TripAdvisor. I am not listed with i Loveinns so nobody could list a bad review there. iLoveinns obviously lists the TripAdvisor reviews on their own website and can't tell who is listed with them and who is not.
riki
WHAT? I know this is a digression, but iloveinns lists TA reviews on their site? What for?

They seem to have a policy of posting all reviews immediately, then going back and reviewing the review and if it doesn't fit their standards removing it. They DO NOT CARE about you, the business owner, at all. And yes, the "juicy" bit is exactly right...
Edited after I read the review to add that #1, this is the ONLY review this person has written, so it clearly shows they were just upset. #2, in light of the positively glowing reviews that make up the rest of your listing I wouldn't (as a guest) give this one a second thought. Finally, the review actually shows that you stick to your policies, even what she said about Chris' words sounds like he was being professional..
Actually the guests we get that check us and pick us partially basing their decision on TripAdvisor have been wonderful. When you figure they are spending for the room AND the wine tour, that gets up there in price, and they feel more confident committing to the cost with good tripadvisor reviews.
We probably will more benefit from looking more REAL than before with only great reviews. At least that's what I hope.
But I continue to REFUSE to be blackmailed by people threatening me with bad reviews if I don't do what they want.
RIki
Yes, but you don't know that they're picking you because you're a certain number...it sounds like they are picking you because you have so many good reviews. I'm talking about the people who would ONLY pick you because you're a certain ranking, they are the ones always looking for trouble.
I hope they put your response up soon, I would bug them until they do. Our innkeeper friends repeatedly threaten legal action (because she is an attorney) and they seem to get what they want, and quickly, from TA.
I will have to figure out how to contact them. You know they are not interested in hearing from innkeepers. And I have to wait the 3-7 days they say it takes to put the response up.
RIki
devil_smile.gif

catlady said:
devil_smile.gif
Aww that was nice, thank you. Now I just got an email from iLoveInns - a directory which I DO NOT BELONG TO AND AM NOT LISTED ON. They have informed me that I have received a bad review and that they are holding off posting it on their website until my response has shown up.
I emailed them and told them that I don't understand why they are threatening to post bad information about my inn on their website when I'm not in their directory, and that this email has further enforced my decision to NEVER join their directory. Cheeze!
RIki
One Day said:
riki
egoodell said:
One Day said:
riki
WHAT? I know this is a digression, but iloveinns lists TA reviews on their site? What for?
No from what I see...they have their own on line review capability. I bet that disgruntled person tried to post there as well. RIki...better check YELP, Yahoo and any place else you can think of...just in case.

As an fyi, WE ARE STILL on there with my listing verbiage if you do a search for my town, although I am no longer a paying member of this directory.
  1. There is a FB let your friends know about this listing link
  2. There are also the reviews that were posted before I cancelled my subscription to iloveinns.
  3. and another click and it shows a small thumbnail of our place
  4. and lastly the ability to write a review is still active.

You better check all directories and online review websites, she is trying to hit all of them, I have no doubt.
I will bet THIS forum comes up as well, they are googling and finding anyplace you are listed.

As an fyi, WE ARE STILL on there with my listing verbiage if you do a search for my town, although I am no longer a paying member of this directory.
  1. There is a FB let your friends know about this listing link
  2. There are also the reviews that were posted before I cancelled my subscription to iloveinns.
  3. and another click and it shows a small thumbnail of our place
  4. and lastly the ability to write a review is still active.
Hmmmm I don't like that at all. They probably have had so many cancel that the directory would be empty without these listings..so they continue to keep them there. I would be complaining about that especially since a reviews can still be done there.

You better check all directories and online review websites, she is trying to hit all of them, I have no doubt.
I will bet THIS forum comes up as well, they are googling and finding anyplace you are listed..
I went looking to see if anything else was up yet. Didn't see anything, but it helps to look. Maybe over the next couple of days.

I believe iloveinns won't post that review, that is how they are, unlike TA who will allow false reviews, even though they say they won't!
iloveinns will go to bat for this innkeeper I am positive of it.

I believe iloveinns won't post that review, that is how they are, unlike TA who will allow false reviews, even though they say they won't!
iloveinns will go to bat for this innkeeper I am positive of it..
As you all know "Been there ,done that" with TA. They didnt even stay here and I was nice enough to cancel the reservation without a cancellation fee ! You cant please them all...Mary in Bwater
whattha.gif

I'm coming in late to this conversation, but I just wanted to show my support for the decisions you've made! I've read the bad review and your response and it's very clear even to non-innkeepers that what this guest was asking for was totally unreasonable.
Try now to not obsess about what happened. It's tough to do. If we make our business decisions out of fear of bad reviews the only winners there will be are the PITAS. Your ranking will dip, but it won't make a difference. If you are concerned about it, try to get some new reviews to offset it. It's happened to me before because I won't be blackmailed by the threat of a bad review, but as bad as I felt about the negative review, I felt much better knowing that I was the captain of my own ship. It's a great feeling.
You have a wonderful place, and the public will see that by all of your other reviews.

**phew** the response just finally went up. Now it does not look bad to me at all. My favorite part of my response is that I'm "grateful that they abided by the policy so that I could rebook." I'm trying to kill with kindness. I really am grateful as it would have been impossible to rebook both the suite and the wine tours at the last minute had they not shown up on Friday. AND I would have had a picnic dinner all sitting in the suite that I would have had to eat.
Riki.
Perfect response. You didn't challenge the guest, you just state the facts in a very nice way. Good job!!

Joey Bloggs said:
They did email me right away. They did not pull the review from TA - I had no idea that even if I was not on their directory, I could still be reviewed on it!
At any rate, they made the decision that it was just a disgruntled person who did not want to abide by the cancelation policy and pulled it for which I am very grateful! I might consider joining them since they do listen, now.
I checked bedandbreakfast.com and don't see anything there yet, so they may not be allowing it since she did not stay here. This person lives only 45 minutes away, where my innsitter lives, who has volunteered to TP her house.
Riki

Joey Bloggs said:
They did email me right away. They did not pull the review from TA - I had no idea that even if I was not on their directory, I could still be reviewed on it!
At any rate, they made the decision that it was just a disgruntled person who did not want to abide by the cancelation policy and pulled it for which I am very grateful! I might consider joining them since they do listen, now.
I checked bedandbreakfast.com and don't see anything there yet, so they may not be allowing it since she did not stay here. This person lives only 45 minutes away, where my innsitter lives, who has volunteered to TP her house.
Riki
Yes, you'd think these people would remember that you have all of their personal information before they go spreading lies...

RIki
RIki
devil_smile.gif

catlady said:
devil_smile.gif
RIki
One Day said:
riki
egoodell said:
One Day said:
riki
No from what I see...they have their own on line review capability. I bet that disgruntled person tried to post there as well. RIki...better check YELP, Yahoo and any place else you can think of...just in case.
catlady said:
I have contacted Kyak as it's there and they only give me the space of one sentence to reply and I could not fit in my reply. I'm not so concerned with them. I checked Yelp and it's really difficult to find any evals there. I have one good one but it is "filtered" and one has to go through a process to get to it. So I'm not concerned with that. Yelp did not use to let owners reply at first and then got the reputation of a "business bashing" site and so cleaned up their act. They now tend to "filter" reviews that are obviously just one put out rather than guests who review on a regular basis, so that may be why it's not showing.
I contacted Virtual Tourist to ask how I can respond - but no answer so far.
Noting on bedandbreakfast.com.
I think I'm pretty covered. Thank you all for your support!!!!!
Riki

Joey Bloggs said:
Riki
egoodell said:
Both Iloveinns and Bnbfinder are good about listening to you; bnbfinder allows you to delete a review if you want to. I'm glad to hear that Iloveinns didn't post that one for you.

Joey Bloggs said:
Riki
sorry, duplicate.

Joey Bloggs said:
Riki
Yes, you'd think these people would remember that you have all of their personal information before they go spreading lies...
Don Draper said:
Remarkably true. We DO know where they live & work and yet they think we're too nice to do anything with that info. Even as they are accusing us of not being nice enough.

Back