Questions about Rez Key

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  • Monthly fee is $14? - ResKey monthly fee is based on # of rooms. I have 4 so it costs me $20/mo
  • I have to have Myallocator to connect to OTA's? - Yes
  • Myallocator is $41/month? - I pay $25/month
  • There are no fees from reservation key OR Myallocator for OTA reservations? (I just pay the usual commission and the PPC fee for Tripconnect?) - Correct.
  • Rez Key collects credit card info that I can view? - Correct
I'm with Arks bc I also use Authorize.net to screen & process credit cards for deposits in real time as the guest places the reservation. I prefer this method bc 1) Bad cc are immediately rejected 2) I don't have to chase down guests to give me a valid cc # and 3) the information is securely stored and I'm compliant with the PCI security measures required by merchants. No jotting down cc #'s on scrap paper, no printing out reservations with cc info on it. To go one step further, I use Elavon via Costco to charge the credit cards (Authorize screens & captures the amount, Elavon actually processes it). Costco takes on the majority of the burden of PCI compliance.
Authorize.net costs about $40 a month. Elavon's rates range from 1.99% for debit cards to 2.65% for commercial cards..
notAgrandma said:
I'm with Arks bc I also use Authorize.net to screen & process credit cards for deposits in real time as the guest places the reservation and I'm compliant with the PCI security measures required by merchants.
This is pretty much our system also, desktop card reader from Wells-Fargo and we subscribe to Authorize through the bank (easier having one person set it all up). We charge just a small deposit at time of reservation and balance on arrival, the forfeited deposits from the few cancellations each month help offset the fees.
At this point have not used MyA or the OTA's for bookings.

I'm not sure what the monthly fee is, because I'm sort of grandfathers. Up to 10 rooms is $30 for Reskey. I think MyA is $47 or so. No fees for OTA reservations, the MyA is flat fee. Reskey keeps the CC in 2 parts, first 12 digits are in email, last 4 are in software. You can use your MyA CC password to import the CC number into ResKey (and see the whole number)..
On their website they show $14 as the max amount for a professional account.
Morticia said:
??? Where are you seeing that? Are you looking here?
Arks said:
Morticia said:
Apparently they have two different web pages running concurrently. I found the cheap one. Everyone had pointed me to the 'right' one. But, they really should update the site!
Also update the directions that say the reservation does not block the calendar until you click a link in the email they send!
Morticia said:
Apparently they have two different web pages running concurrently.
I can't imagine where you found that "other" website. I've never seen it, and can't find anything like that searching Google. Don't trust anything you read on it. I paid $15/month when I started with 2 units 5 years ago!l Those days are gone.
Even then, it was a sliding scale, based on number of rooms. I've never heard such a thing as "maximum $15/month for professional accounts." It has always been a minimum price for 4 units or less, and a jump in price for 5 to 10 units, etc.
Can you post a link to the site you were reading? I'll send it to John at ResKey. Or Momma Smurf can send it because she has him on speed dial ;-)
Reservationkey.com/pricing.asp
There is what looks like a whole 'back level' site with what is apparently old info. I found it by clicking on pages on the updated site. I was looking for the videos to see what the back end looks like.
It was actually harder for me to find the new stuff.
Morticia said:
When I go to this page, I get exactly the same pricing as the html page.
Manage up to 10 units $30/month
And links back to the normal site, you must have your own special wormhole portal.
My own wormhole portal. Explains so much! Let me see if I can do a screen shot.
Morticia said:
This was the link as you provided to me and it worked - your wormhole!
http://reservationkey.com/signup.asp
Hmmm, there was no "signup" in Mort' s link above. This is a seriously ancient RK site. Ignore it. Move on. Or try signing up for $14 a month!
Momma Smurf said:
Hmmm, there was no "signup" in Mort' s link above. This is a seriously ancient RK site. Ignore it. Move on. Or try signing up for $14 a month!
But some how Mort was able to see that page. I bet others see it too. Since you have him on speed dial
wink_smile.gif
would you let John know so he can take it down?

I'm not sure what the monthly fee is, because I'm sort of grandfathers. Up to 10 rooms is $30 for Reskey. I think MyA is $47 or so. No fees for OTA reservations, the MyA is flat fee. Reskey keeps the CC in 2 parts, first 12 digits are in email, last 4 are in software. You can use your MyA CC password to import the CC number into ResKey (and see the whole number)..
Morticia said:
Arks said:
Morticia said:
Apparently they have two different web pages running concurrently. I found the cheap one. Everyone had pointed me to the 'right' one. But, they really should update the site!
Also update the directions that say the reservation does not block the calendar until you click a link in the email they send!
Morticia said:
Apparently they have two different web pages running concurrently.
I can't imagine where you found that "other" website. I've never seen it, and can't find anything like that searching Google. Don't trust anything you read on it. I paid $15/month when I started with 2 units 5 years ago!l Those days are gone.
Even then, it was a sliding scale, based on number of rooms. I've never heard such a thing as "maximum $15/month for professional accounts." It has always been a minimum price for 4 units or less, and a jump in price for 5 to 10 units, etc.
Can you post a link to the site you were reading? I'll send it to John at ResKey. Or Momma Smurf can send it because she has him on speed dial ;-)
There is what looks like a whole 'back level' site with what is apparently old info. I found it by clicking on pages on the updated site. I was looking for the videos to see what the back end looks like.
It was actually harder for me to find the new stuff.
Morticia said:
When I go to this page, I get exactly the same pricing as the html page.
Manage up to 10 units $30/month
And links back to the normal site, you must have your own special wormhole portal.
Morticia said:
This was the link as you provided to me and it worked - your wormhole!
http://reservationkey.com/signup.asp
Momma Smurf said:
But some how Mort was able to see that page. I bet others see it too. Since you have him on speed dial
wink_smile.gif
would you let John know so he can take it down?
I need John to fix other priorities before I bother him some more. I would seriously try signing up that way for the $14... it outta get his attention. Otherwise, it's not affecting us on a day to day basis.

Back