Questions guests ask the day before arriving

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
For those guests who call or email the day before arriving, what is the number 1 and number 2 question you most often hear?
ie
Where to eat?
Do you have irons in the rooms?
or anything else you hear most often...care to share?

1. Do you have a hair dryer in the room?
2. Do you have an iron in the room?
3. Can we check-in early?

Most of them are just double checking we have their reservation. Doesn't matter how many e-mails they get from us.
The next most asked question is about restaurants. I tell them to look on our website and when they check-in we have all the information for them in their room.

Where do we park the car?/do you have car parking?
this inspite of the fact we sell the fact we have car parking everywhere as it is sooo rare where we are its a big feature!

I honestly do not get day before e-mails or calls. Now that I have jinxed myself, we will see, My most asked question is after breakfast - (in a timid voice) can we have the remains of our bread?

I honestly do not get day before e-mails or calls. Now that I have jinxed myself, we will see, My most asked question is after breakfast - (in a timid voice) can we have the remains of our bread?.
gillumhouse said:
I honestly do not get day before e-mails or calls. Now that I have jinxed myself, we will see, My most asked question is after breakfast - (in a timid voice) can we have the remains of our bread?
That is sweet :)

1) Do you have hairdryer's in the room?
2) Can you give me directions?
(Both are answered on our website of course)

I honestly do not get day before e-mails or calls. Now that I have jinxed myself, we will see, My most asked question is after breakfast - (in a timid voice) can we have the remains of our bread?.
gillumhouse said:
I would not need to ask, it would have been long gone!
tounge_smile.gif

Here is my #1 - which is stated clearly at the time of booking, on the confirmation, and again on the reminder email:
"We won't get there until late, how do we get in? Will there be a note or a key?"
I get this often since I now spell it out. Before noone ever asked. So they "pick up on" some sort of info will be provided but cannot digest it. But I actually appreciate these calls, then I know, and then they know!
My #2
"Is there any place to eat there?"
I have way too many sarcastic remarks for this, that I keep to myself. Again, never undertsanding the whole thing of YES we are in a small town, yes we have restaurants, and yes you can ride your mules and park it outside, ugh. I think people think we are very isolated here...small town doesn't mean isolated, it just means small town not city, but then again other say they think there is this booming after hours gifts and shops they can enjoy, even on Sundays, and are dissappointed when there isn't.
Oh wait, here is another, odd on:
"Are there outlets stores there?"
I get this one more than I get "Are there antique shops nearby?"

Back