quickbooks?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldcharm

Reaction score
Does anyone use quickbooks for logging guest information? Whether is be to print an invoice, store guest info, etc?
I currently print registration cards I created in MS Word and have people fill them out, but I was wondering if there was any way to manage it with quickbooks which is the system I use to do my accounting work and bookkeeping.
Thanks!!

I know some folks here use Quickbooks. But as far as using it as a guest management system, I am not sure that is possible. Yes, you can do an invoice and print that out for a guest but don't know how you would use it to store other guest info in an easily accessible way such as a database. Hopefully others who use it will chime in here. But I think most of them use both Quickbooks and some other guest management software.

I don't use it. Most guest management software/services provide the invoice / charges feature directly. Printed them that way using SuperInn and now do the same thing with RezovationsGT.

We use it for accounting but not for guest management. The features aren't particularly strong for that.

Yes, I suppose it wouldn't hold the features for guest managment. Do most of you just use a hand written recepit/registration card or do you print something?? I suppose I'm trying to make it a bit more 'professional'.....

Yes, I suppose it wouldn't hold the features for guest managment. Do most of you just use a hand written recepit/registration card or do you print something?? I suppose I'm trying to make it a bit more 'professional'......
We have a printed registration for our own use and most guests just get the credit card receipt. If someone needs a more complicated receipt I print it on quickbooks.

Yes, I suppose it wouldn't hold the features for guest managment. Do most of you just use a hand written recepit/registration card or do you print something?? I suppose I'm trying to make it a bit more 'professional'......
We print it up from our GMS. We use quickbooks, but only for our finances.

I worked up a custom invoice with the heading RESERVATION CONFIRMATION. Once I enter the requisite information, I create an invoice for their stay and send this along with directions and a little note to the guest after I have run a credit card authorization. Quickbooks keeps the "confirmation" number in sequence.
The customer record allows for some customization, so I keep all the particulars about their diet and preferences there and in the customer notes.
This allows me to keep up with who went in what cottage etc. At check out, I provide them with a SALES RECEIPT marked paid along with their credit card receipt.
At the end of the weekend, I run my credit card batch and transfer the receipts in Quickbooks to the check registry as a deposit.
This may not be standard procedure, but it seems to be working for us. If anyone would like to see a copy of my custom invoice, I'll be happy to send you one.

I use SuperInn and that's all part of the reservation and guest management software. I don't have to reinvent the wheel.

I have a very small inn - 3 rooms. I use Quickbooks Pro as a guest management system, of sorts, in conjuction with my ical - the Apple calender that came with the computer. I used to use a Palm calendar, but switched to the ical a while ago. Both calendars allow me to customize and color code everthing so I can see at a glance what is going on, and I can have all my personal appointments and birthdays on there too, so I don't have to keep more than one calendar. I think the google calendar can do this too, but I am not sure. I bet that PC's come with a similiar customizable calendar, don't they?
The Quickbooks part - Guest info is inputted after they depart, unless they need a computer receipt, which I will do upon check out. My rooms are set up as items, so pulling reports on them is easy. My reciepts are customized too.
The information you may enter on a guest is endless as the customer's page is cusomizable, as Proud TX has done. It IS a database of sorts.
The Customer List can be exported into a database program to create mailing lists. It can also be exported as a text file. You may do this with all the lists, item, vendor, whatever.
I have a very simple system because my inn is so small, but it is very easy to use. It doesn't come close to what the guest tracking software out there can do, but it is enough for me.

I have a very small inn - 3 rooms. I use Quickbooks Pro as a guest management system, of sorts, in conjuction with my ical - the Apple calender that came with the computer. I used to use a Palm calendar, but switched to the ical a while ago. Both calendars allow me to customize and color code everthing so I can see at a glance what is going on, and I can have all my personal appointments and birthdays on there too, so I don't have to keep more than one calendar. I think the google calendar can do this too, but I am not sure. I bet that PC's come with a similiar customizable calendar, don't they?
The Quickbooks part - Guest info is inputted after they depart, unless they need a computer receipt, which I will do upon check out. My rooms are set up as items, so pulling reports on them is easy. My reciepts are customized too.
The information you may enter on a guest is endless as the customer's page is cusomizable, as Proud TX has done. It IS a database of sorts.
The Customer List can be exported into a database program to create mailing lists. It can also be exported as a text file. You may do this with all the lists, item, vendor, whatever.
I have a very simple system because my inn is so small, but it is very easy to use. It doesn't come close to what the guest tracking software out there can do, but it is enough for me..
aieechihuahua said:
I use Quickbooks Pro as a guest management system, of sorts, in conjuction with my ical - the Apple calender that came with the computer.
Have you had the same problem I have? I've set up a customized invoice called RESERVATION CONFIRMATION. I send this to the customer after I have verified his credit card and assigned a confirmation number(derived from the name of the cottage, the date of arrival and the credit card folio number.) I use the check box "Show in iCal" and it puts a single color coded entry on the arrival date without indicating if it is a multi-night stay. I have to manually edit it to indicate the date range. Have you found a way around this?

I have a very simple system because my inn is so small, but it is very easy to use. It doesn't come close to what the guest tracking software out there can do, but it is enough for me..
aieechihuahua said:
I use Quickbooks Pro as a guest management system, of sorts, in conjuction with my ical - the Apple calender that came with the computer.
Have you had the same problem I have? I've set up a customized invoice called RESERVATION CONFIRMATION. I send this to the customer after I have verified his credit card and assigned a confirmation number(derived from the name of the cottage, the date of arrival and the credit card folio number.) I use the check box "Show in iCal" and it puts a single color coded entry on the arrival date without indicating if it is a multi-night stay. I have to manually edit it to indicate the date range. Have you found a way around this?
I have not, because I never saw the "Show in iCal" option. What version of Quickbooks are you using? Mine is Quickbooks Pro 2006. I have not upgraded because I've had no need to, and, the newest version was made for Leopard. I haven't gone there yet either.

aieechihuahua said:
Ok - I found it - funny I never saw that before. Now I have to figure out how it works!

aieechihuahua said:
Ok - I found it - funny I never saw that before. Now I have to figure out how it works!
aieechihuahua said:
Now you have me curious as to how you got into iCal in the first place. BTW I have the 2009 edition for Leopard.

Back