Quote for the Day

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. Robert Collier

For all my hard-working innmates out there, who take care of all the little details, every day, without exception. I see you! Keep up the great work and know what a difference you make every day. You are appreciated, and your efforts are what make you such a success. Keep on keepin' on!

2 rooms of guests who were here for 2 days just left. They have been on the road for 14 days and have 2 more days to go. One of them came to us this morning and said, 'We 4 talked about it last night and this is the best place we have stayed, by far, of the 7 different places we have stayed.'
It's sweet to get a pat on the back!

2 rooms of guests who were here for 2 days just left. They have been on the road for 14 days and have 2 more days to go. One of them came to us this morning and said, 'We 4 talked about it last night and this is the best place we have stayed, by far, of the 7 different places we have stayed.'
It's sweet to get a pat on the back!.
That's Wonderful...we all know you are doing something good...but it is nice to hear it from guests.

It's sweet to get a pat on the back!.
Amazing what a bit of validation and an atta boy can do for taking one out of the "black hole of Calcutta" all the way to the clouds!

K, holy cow, I had to read that four times...I need a cuppa for check in I guess. My brain cells have all gone nap-zone on me.

K, holy cow, I had to read that four times...I need a cuppa for check in I guess. My brain cells have all gone nap-zone on me..
It simply means that if you are in the "black hole of Calcutta" (I used to reside there a lot in Illinois - not so much now) a few words of validation of your efforts by a guest (= atta boy) can change your mood from very dark to in the sunshine and clouds. I love it when a guest tells me (as did my new arrivals tonight) I chose you because your web site said you do low-fat food. Or when the teacher sent by his school's principal told me after a dinner, "as much as Frank talked up this place, he did not tell the half of it!" Instant swelled head! If I had been in the dumps prior, I was no longer!

Back