Quotes for today August 17, 2009

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
  • If you suffer, thank God! It is a sure sign that you are alive. -- Elbert Hubbard
  • Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. -- ELbert Hubbard
  • Know what you want to do, hold the thought firmly, and do every day what should be done, and every sunset will see you that much nearer to your goal. --Elbert Hubbard
  • Do your work with your whole heart, and you will succeed - there's so little competition. --Elbert Hubbard
  • It's pretty hard to be efficient without being obnoxious. --Elbert Hubbard
  • Little minds are interested in the extraordinary; great minds in the commonplace. -- Elbert Hubbard
  • The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it. --Elbert Hubbard
  • We work to become, not to acquire. --Elbert Hubbard
  • The sculptor produces the beautiful statue by chipping away such parts of the marble block as are not needed - it is a process of elimination. --Elbert Hubbard
  • We are punished by our sins, not for them. --Elbert Huibbard
  • One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man. --Elbert Hubbard
  • A failure is a man who has blundered, but is not able to cash in the experience. --Elbert Hubbard
  • He has achieved success who has worked well, laughed often, and loved much.--Elbert Hubbard
  • There is no failure except in no longer trying. --Elbert Hubbard, American born 1856
  • Live truth instead of professing it. -- Elbert Hubbard
  • Often we can help each other most by leaving each other alone; at other times we need the hand-grasp and the word of cheer. --Elbert Hubbard
  • I would rather be able to appreciate things I can not have than to have things I am not able to appreciate. --Elbert Hubbard
  • The idea that is not dangerous is not worthy of being called an idea at all. --Elbert Hubbard
  • The man who doesn't relax and hoot a few hoots voluntarily, now and then, is in great danger of hooting hoots and standing on his head for the edification of the pathologist and trained nurse, a little later on. --Elbert Hubbard
  • Be pleasant until ten o'clock in the morning and the rest of the day will take care of itself. --Elbert Hubbard
  • To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. --Elbert Hubbard

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.- Jeff Mallett

I would rather be able to appreciate things I can not have than to have things I am not able to appreciate
Years ago I worked with a girl who had all sorts of lovely things and all the latest appliances with the bells and whistles (she replaced a perfectly good refrigerator to get on with the water/ice dispenser in the door and she gave me the old one). One night she told me she felt sorry for me. I asked whyever would she feel sorry for me? "Because you cannot have the things you admire." was her answer. That is when I asked her whatever made her think I had to HAVE everything I admired. I could look at something and appreciate its beauty without needing to own it.
All too often people confuse the admiration of something with the desire to own it.

I would rather be able to appreciate things I can not have than to have things I am not able to appreciate
Years ago I worked with a girl who had all sorts of lovely things and all the latest appliances with the bells and whistles (she replaced a perfectly good refrigerator to get on with the water/ice dispenser in the door and she gave me the old one). One night she told me she felt sorry for me. I asked whyever would she feel sorry for me? "Because you cannot have the things you admire." was her answer. That is when I asked her whatever made her think I had to HAVE everything I admired. I could look at something and appreciate its beauty without needing to own it.
All too often people confuse the admiration of something with the desire to own it..
You are a wise woman.
thumbs_up.gif

All too often people confuse the admiration of something with the desire to own it..
gillumhouse said:
Revised Standard Edition:
I would rather be able to have the things I want and appreciate them than to have the things I have now and don't appreciate because I wanted them. Because I really thought that at the time I would appreciate them but now that I have them I see that I might have appreciated them if they had been the things I really wanted.
Is that clear enough for you?

Everybody needs something to do, someone to love, and something to look forward to.
My version: We all need a reason to get up and put our teeth in.
=)
Kk.

Back