R e d z . c o m

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfive

Reaction score
Not really a directory, but a search engine. They are selling ppc at a flat rate for the top 3 spots for search terms. I asked how many search queries for one of my search terms and the number seemed high at about half of what google reports with the keyword tool, yet Iv'e never heard of them. Does anyone have any experience with them or insight about them?

Never heard of them and seriously..why would you do PPC with anyone other than Google and even with them these days,
So I went and did a search on the site....looks like a pretty new one......I sure don't like the way the screen captures come up over one another...very difficult to see results this way.
PPC is almost like throwing your money away in my mind anyway
embaressed_smile.gif

Never heard of them and seriously..why would you do PPC with anyone other than Google and even with them these days,
So I went and did a search on the site....looks like a pretty new one......I sure don't like the way the screen captures come up over one another...very difficult to see results this way.
embaressed_smile.gif
PPC is "pay-per-click", right? I am not sure how these things work. If anyone has the time to explain this to me, I'd welcome the education. thanks
Kesous

embaressed_smile.gif
PPC is "pay-per-click", right? I am not sure how these things work. If anyone has the time to explain this to me, I'd welcome the education. thanks
Kesous
yep..correct.
YOu pay "whomever" a certain amount of $$$ anytime someone clicks on the paid link to your site from their site. I haven't done it in years. But it used to be in Google Ads, you could set a maximum amount you would pay per day. You select the keyword/s you want to pay for. If you want a more popular keyword, you have to up the ante and see what others are paying. The more you pay for that keyword, the higher you show up in their paid listings.
It was all the rage a few years ago, but it never got me any business. Most people today know someone is paying for those ads and many people ignore them and just click on the "organic" search results instead.
Ask yourself...do you ever click on the ads that show up here??? ON a rare ocasion I may..just because I am curious. But when I am searching for something, personally, I never use the paid ads.

Kesous, PPC are the sponsored listing you see on the top and right side when doing a Google search, Yahoo and other search engines use them as well. They can be a very valuable tool if your website does not appear under certain key words that you feel could bring you business. I use it for a few of these and have had very good results with very little $. We make sure our brief info is clear as to what we are and where, that way only those very interested will click on it. We do not pay for top billing, usually #3-4, just our way to keep costs down while still being out there on page 1. As catlady said you are in control of what keywords you want to appear under and how much per day you are willing to part with (again, you only pay when someone clicks).
As an example, we do not appear under the keyword "hotels + my neighboring city" so I could (and do) get bookings from these ads as some people do not always think of a B&B until it is presented.
You must learn just where your ad will appear as Google does have ways for you to appear on other sites - such as this one. For some this could be helpful and for others only a valuable chunk of change wasted. You do have control of where your ad appears and can turn on and off the ad at any time and you can also have several campaigns to turn on and off. Since DH is the one that manages this, this is the extent of my knowledge base, but I do suggest you reading up on it under Google.
Hangfive, I have never heard of this either. I would not waste my time or possibly my money on something this new. Watch for reviews on this engine and watch if it grows. As of now Google is the only market (IMHO) to bother with PPC. If this engine is quoting such high numbers, I would be quizing them (if you are truely interested that is) on this.

How does it compare with what Google would charge for the same slots? Really, even bing with all their ads on TV is still a very low producer for me. And I filled out their info form at the very beginning.

The cost is much lower than google ppc. There is no way for a user to determine who is paying and who is not, ppc customers just take the top search results. The search results are a thumb nail image of the landing page, kind of cool idea, see a preview before clicking.
The rep's claim for the number of search queries for keywords who's on google I am familar with seem quite high for a little know search engine. They claim that you pay only for unique visits within a 24 hr period. According to Alexa it has a US traffic rank of 9482 with only 36 sites linking in. I see no way that they could generate legit clicks in the numbers that they claim. Could be a scam..or the rep could be wrong and the clicks could come through over a much greater period of time.
I have to agree regarding Adwords, I have a much higher bounce rate than with other paid and organic links. For me adwords only works cost effectively on higly specific limited offer specials targeted to specific geographical areas. I also stay away from the top $ adwords search terms.

The cost is much lower than google ppc. There is no way for a user to determine who is paying and who is not, ppc customers just take the top search results. The search results are a thumb nail image of the landing page, kind of cool idea, see a preview before clicking.
The rep's claim for the number of search queries for keywords who's on google I am familar with seem quite high for a little know search engine. They claim that you pay only for unique visits within a 24 hr period. According to Alexa it has a US traffic rank of 9482 with only 36 sites linking in. I see no way that they could generate legit clicks in the numbers that they claim. Could be a scam..or the rep could be wrong and the clicks could come through over a much greater period of time.
I have to agree regarding Adwords, I have a much higher bounce rate than with other paid and organic links. For me adwords only works cost effectively on higly specific limited offer specials targeted to specific geographical areas. I also stay away from the top $ adwords search terms..
Side note...I think we talked about Alexa rankings here before and someone said that you can install the Alexa ranking button and improve your own site's ranking all on your own.

INteresting search results.... interesting in that in the few searches I tried, directories are pretty much non-existent. Of course half the resulting B&B's that showed up were several hundred miles off target from the search. (wrond towns, wrong states ...)
I've also tried the search engine in both Firefox and IE and in both cases, I can click on a listing all I want and it never goes anywhere ...until I double click (nothing on the internet functions by double-click!?!?!) No one will use a search engine that can't get them to where they want to go reliably.
Short and sweet, Cheaper is not better if it sucks. ;)

Looks like this is probably a scam. According to an S-E-O blog and numerous comments on a couple S-E-O forums if you get suckered into signing up you can expect to have a lot of hits, but they all bounce. Also this company was running a similar platform last year but changed the name after negative press.

Back