Rack card design

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It occurs to me that we should also consider what NOT to put on a rack card or other printed matter.
For instance, if you're purchasing in quantity and are likely to have a stack of cards that takes some time to use up, you surely wouldn't want to print things that are likely to change, like your rates or special offers.
I also wouldn't get into details like minimum length of stay required or other "rules". They can find things like that out once they make contact, or from your website..
Good ideas! I will be putting things on there, tho, that guests should know before they even bother calling that might come under the heading of 'policies'- no smoking allowed, stuff like that. Because a lot of the guests pick them up at travel centers. No sense wasting their time.

It occurs to me that we should also consider what NOT to put on a rack card or other printed matter.
For instance, if you're purchasing in quantity and are likely to have a stack of cards that takes some time to use up, you surely wouldn't want to print things that are likely to change, like your rates or special offers.
I also wouldn't get into details like minimum length of stay required or other "rules". They can find things like that out once they make contact, or from your website..
Good ideas! I will be putting things on there, tho, that guests should know before they even bother calling that might come under the heading of 'policies'- no smoking allowed, stuff like that. Because a lot of the guests pick them up at travel centers. No sense wasting their time.
Maybe no smoking, no children, cancellation policy..maybe......those major things..but piddly stuff..I wouldn't put on a rack card.

I put rates on mine, too. A range for weekends and a range for weekends which will cover over a couple of years of handing out rack cards. For the same reason - if they want the Com fort Inn rates, I'd rather they didn't bother calling me.

I put rates on mine, too. A range for weekends and a range for weekends which will cover over a couple of years of handing out rack cards. For the same reason - if they want the Com fort Inn rates, I'd rather they didn't bother calling me.
My old one has the rates but I had a trifold. I have no idea if I can fit everything I want on ONE card! Yours is a good example for me, tho, so I will bring that along to the printer.

Back