Rack Card time again

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Is there anything new under the sun, any youbewdy ideas out there that you have heard of for rack cards?
I am bringing the last of this lot out today to someone. I need to make some new.
Any samples online you want to share, please do. Tah!

Good question! I printed a thousand a couple of weeks ago. They're OK, but wish I'd thought to ask for input before printing them!

Is anyone adding QR codes or is that now passe?
I like a small map because you never know where you're going to pick up the rack card and it's nice to have some reference points.
Anything you have in particular that someone might be looking for. Here it's proximity to downtown and extra beds. If you're in town and you have private parking that's another good one to mention.

I put a QR code on mine. Why not. They're free and take a tiny amount of space. If someone picks up the card, they might go to my website immediately via their smartphone and the QR. If they wait to search it online later, they might not ever get around it.
I put an outline of my state with a star on my town's location. My cards go out to all the state visitor welcome centers, so it's good to let people know immediately if they'll be coming close to me or not. That way, they might instantly know they won't be anywhere near me, so no need to take (waste) my card! Conversely, they might realize I'm right on their route, so they might book with me.

Is anyone adding QR codes or is that now passe?
I like a small map because you never know where you're going to pick up the rack card and it's nice to have some reference points.
Anything you have in particular that someone might be looking for. Here it's proximity to downtown and extra beds. If you're in town and you have private parking that's another good one to mention..
Lately been doing QR codes for FACEBOOK and TA on rack cards and business cards. You can do QR for just about anything.

I did mine a couple years ago as part of a multi-print offer. I was one of 6 I think that split the set-up charge and were done at the same time. I think the map idea is a good one - show the major highway (or city that would be on any map) closest to you and then your star. Gives a frame of reference.

Ours is a tri-fold brochure, with a separate insert for pricing information (so we can update it without having to throw away existing stock) -- see it here (with 2012 pricing in this version)
We do have a QR code on the insert, it just points to our regular website. I think if you are going to use a QR barcode, you want it to point to something that is mobile-device friendly (our website is not, yet).
We have regular rack cards (as opposed to tri-fold brochures) for our companion business -- here. The one thing I regret with these is not putting the date on them, so when I got our print run back I went through and added "6/13" in the lower corner of the white side with a black pen (every single one).

Any of you who are starting out, remember that if your rack cards are truly displayed in a rack, put your business name and location at the top of the card so it will show even from the middle of the rack.
I forgot about that in my first print run. Then I found a template I liked which didn't have that info at the top, and I forgot again. Also points out that you should do your planning and ordering when you're well rested and not distracted.
regular_smile.gif

i did add qr code barcode a long time ago. yeah, qr can do many things even those we can not figure out .

Back