Radio station call

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if anyone else has, but we've had calls for nights other than the free one from guests saying they found us from the vets website.

I don't know if anyone else has, but we've had calls for nights other than the free one from guests saying they found us from the vets website..
That is great (paying guests, right?)! It was hoped that it would create an awareness of B & Bs.

I don't know if anyone else has, but we've had calls for nights other than the free one from guests saying they found us from the vets website..
When I checked my Google analyitics the B&BforVets was listed for something like 41 hits.
RIki

When I checked my Google analyitics the B&BforVets was listed for something like 41 hits.
RIki
egoodell said:
RIki
The vets' site is beating the pants off everything, including all of the paid directories we are on.

RIki
egoodell said:
RIki
The vets' site is beating the pants off everything, including all of the paid directories we are on.
Alibi Ike said:
This appears to be pretty common. We've had a phone call from one of the B&B web gurus asking how we SEO'd the site because it is driving more traffic to his clients' websites than the paid directories combined. It's nothing special about the site - just the publicity it's gotten.
P.S. We filled our vacancy last night about 3 minutes after the news broadcast ended. And the channel didn't make it easy for them - no listing of our name, our website, or the Vets website.

Here's our link. DH said they were here for awhile, and talked about how many B&Bs are doing it, and the website, and so on - all left on the cutting room floor. Isn't he cute, though?
http://your4state.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=146536.
muirford said:
Here's our link. DH said they were here for awhile, and talked about how many B&Bs are doing it, and the website, and so on - all left on the cutting room floor. Isn't he cute, though?
http://your4state.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=146536
Lookin' good! Unfortunately our station didn't do anything other than show over and over again the ROTC kids marching and mentioned Appleby's free dinners. **sigh**
RIki

12 minutes! They talked to me for 12 minutes! I figured it would be a 2 minute spiel..
That is a loooong time in radio! I got a call from WV PubRadio yesterday. Since I will be in Morgantown today anyway, I am going to the station instead of the phone in. (Lunching w/innmate today - yeah! DH has been told he is NOT invited.)
They were very nice. Asked about the program, how I came to be involved, etc. Then went on to talk about being an innkeeper and how we liked that, what was it like? I told Renee to come by in the summer and follow me around to see if she really wanted to do this. They wanted to know what we served for brekkie yesterday (as I told them I couldn't talk yesterday during brekkie- totally surprised they called back!) She was asking some serious aspiring questions!
They were also commenting on how it is hard to give up the income to do this (they must have read the AP story and your comments) and how generous it was that we were given this is coming into the big shopping season. A nice pitch they did.
I checked to see if they store segments on their website, but they don't.
The WV PubRadio is playing at 7:30 AM (I am certain a LOT of people are up then.... Coming home this evening CBS News called and taped an interview as I was transported down I-79 at a goodly rate of speed. Have no clue when that will play. I am very happy that so many are getting good exposure with this. May it translate into many PAID room nights down the road. I will be very happy to be handing out military discounts all winter (25%) and next summer (15%).
Time to get ready for band practice - DH is going somewhere so I get to cool my heels at the high school until someone comes to open the band room.
It broadcast @ about 7:35 AM. Here is the link
http://www.wvpubcast.org/newsarticle.aspx?id=17405

RIki
egoodell said:
RIki
Alibi Ike said:
This appears to be pretty common. We've had a phone call from one of the B&B web gurus asking how we SEO'd the site because it is driving more traffic to his clients' websites than the paid directories combined. It's nothing special about the site - just the publicity it's gotten.
P.S. We filled our vacancy last night about 3 minutes after the news broadcast ended. And the channel didn't make it easy for them - no listing of our name, our website, or the Vets website.
Boy that is cool..and funny at the same time. All the SEO in the world doesn't beat out the power of the media publicity. Your hubby did just fine :)

Back