Radio station call

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Just got a call to be interviewed tomorrow by a local radio station for the vets day program!

Wow, that's awesome. Congrats!
cheers.gif

That is fantastic!! The publicity the industry is getting is worth the months I spent on it. I am sure you will have a great interview - both times!

Just got an email from Mary White (bnbfinder) that this article came out today...a couple of innmates are mentioned:
vet news

12 minutes! They talked to me for 12 minutes! I figured it would be a 2 minute spiel.

Morticia, So happy for you!
the local radio station also interviewed me too. They were here for half an hour and said they would play it all week. What they have done is break up the interview and are playing parts of it every morning this week during the veterans day talk.

12 minutes! They talked to me for 12 minutes! I figured it would be a 2 minute spiel..
That is a loooong time in radio! I got a call from WV PubRadio yesterday. Since I will be in Morgantown today anyway, I am going to the station instead of the phone in. (Lunching w/innmate today - yeah! DH has been told he is NOT invited.)

12 minutes! They talked to me for 12 minutes! I figured it would be a 2 minute spiel..
That is a loooong time in radio! I got a call from WV PubRadio yesterday. Since I will be in Morgantown today anyway, I am going to the station instead of the phone in. (Lunching w/innmate today - yeah! DH has been told he is NOT invited.)
They were very nice. Asked about the program, how I came to be involved, etc. Then went on to talk about being an innkeeper and how we liked that, what was it like? I told Renee to come by in the summer and follow me around to see if she really wanted to do this. They wanted to know what we served for brekkie yesterday (as I told them I couldn't talk yesterday during brekkie- totally surprised they called back!) She was asking some serious aspiring questions!
They were also commenting on how it is hard to give up the income to do this (they must have read the AP story and your comments) and how generous it was that we were given this is coming into the big shopping season. A nice pitch they did.
I checked to see if they store segments on their website, but they don't.

I wonder if they will give you the tape? maybe you could youtube it or something.

I wonder if they will give you the tape? maybe you could youtube it or something..
Todd, I've requested a copy of the TV recording. they said it could be two weeks or so... keeping my fingers crossed.

While I was out grocery shopping today, the local NBC affiliate called and then stopped by to interview and film DH about the Vets Day promotion. DH is still cursing me. They did the same thing last year, but I was on camera then. Maybe it'll fill our one vacancy.

Back