Rain and more Rain

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're in the worst drought on record. It's so dry here that we may have to change our name from "Oak Creek" to "Dry Gulch". Seriously, our creek and pond are about 5 feet below level. The forrest is literally withering and some trees have started losing their leaves. We can see that we're probably going to lose several if we don't get some relief soon.

We're in the worst drought on record. It's so dry here that we may have to change our name from "Oak Creek" to "Dry Gulch". Seriously, our creek and pond are about 5 feet below level. The forrest is literally withering and some trees have started losing their leaves. We can see that we're probably going to lose several if we don't get some relief soon..
I transplanted a bunch of shrubs this spring. They didn't have time to take hold before this hot spell and I have to water them everyday. I'll probably lose some of them.

Kathleen-----9 KIDS??!!! Where are you going to put them all!? Hope all goes well..
Yes, there were nine. 3,4,5,6,6,8,10,13,& 16. The last 5 were adopted. Much more well-behaved than my "animals" were. Quiet, polite... I just put sheets, duvets, pillows on the floor, at least 4 (counting the parents) were in the beds. They sing gospel. They gave us a CD and sang a song for us before they left.
This morning I went out and bought a gallon of milk, 2 loaves of bread, foam plates, bowls, and plastic glasses. I had stocked up on fruit this week so fixed a huge bowl of cantaloupe, honeydew, crenshaw melon, sprite melon, mango, and strawberies (bowls), OJ and blueberry-pomeganate juices, and scrambled 2 1/2 dozen eggs with sour cream and cheddar for the main course. Ended up not making muffins. the 3 year old was tiny and consented to sit in the high chair, one little guy stood up and a couple of the kids shared chairs. They said grace, waiting for everyone to be served first....
Now I have to drag my tired body upstairs to get ready for my in-coming. She is getting an upgrade. I figure it will be easier to clean the room that had the mother/daughter (7 AM breakfast) than the room that had overflow bodies of litle kids.

Well, folks, what you're describing is every summer where I live. With no guests now, our last month's A/C bill was almost $600 and that was leaving it set to at least 78F. It just runs & runs all day in this heat & humidity. Our electric company just instituted this year higher summer rates that will go until the end of September. Gee, thanks...We had replaced the old upstairs unit with a more efficient & higher SEER rated heat pump. The downstairs unit is slated to be replaced too. The "real feel" will be 105F today and hopefully we'll get a thunderstorm this afternoon.
When we were on vacation, we had a couple of huge (at least 1 ft in diameter) limbs from a 50+ year old elm fall between our house & garage during some high winds. Luckily, the limbs only had glancing blows to the back of the house & garage so little damage to structures. It was $1500 to get them off the structures, haul away, and clean up.
I need to move....

Well, folks, what you're describing is every summer where I live. With no guests now, our last month's A/C bill was almost $600 and that was leaving it set to at least 78F. It just runs & runs all day in this heat & humidity. Our electric company just instituted this year higher summer rates that will go until the end of September. Gee, thanks...We had replaced the old upstairs unit with a more efficient & higher SEER rated heat pump. The downstairs unit is slated to be replaced too. The "real feel" will be 105F today and hopefully we'll get a thunderstorm this afternoon.
When we were on vacation, we had a couple of huge (at least 1 ft in diameter) limbs from a 50+ year old elm fall between our house & garage during some high winds. Luckily, the limbs only had glancing blows to the back of the house & garage so little damage to structures. It was $1500 to get them off the structures, haul away, and clean up.
I need to move....

Back