Rain, glorious rain!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
This has been one of the driest summers here on record. Crispy grass, wilted plants, and dead corn everywhere you look. Haven't had a drop of rain in over 3 weeks, and today we've had TWO beautiful thunderstorms with close to an inch of rain between them!!! Happy day.

We had that 2 nights ago. It was wonderful. But I still have to go hack down all the dead perennials that bloomed way too soon.

We hoped to get some from that storm but it bypassed us. It's is so dry here that my yard is full of dead leaves from trees already. We have had less than 2 inches of rain in the last six weeks. It's darkening up now, so maybe we'll get some relief.

104º here today. Fortunately, the humidity is lower than it has been. We've had an unusually wet summer this year, but it all comes in lumps: 4" rain, 8" rain etc. So, it's flood or drought.
If I were king, there would be a nice slow rain every Sunday night beginning at midnight and continuing until about 4 a.m.

104º here today. Fortunately, the humidity is lower than it has been. We've had an unusually wet summer this year, but it all comes in lumps: 4" rain, 8" rain etc. So, it's flood or drought.
If I were king, there would be a nice slow rain every Sunday night beginning at midnight and continuing until about 4 a.m..
Proud Texan said:
If I were king, there would be a nice slow rain every Sunday night beginning at midnight and continuing until about 4 a.m.
Yup..........I'd have it rain every Sunday

Yay! We actually received 1" of rain yesterday. Every plant on our 72 acres is screaming "Thank You, Thank You!"

We had LOTZA rain, followed by high temps. Dry this past 3 weeks with the exception of two rains. Love those lower temps and rains.
Yes, I'm still kicken.

We get a thunderstorm just about every afternoon during the late spring, all summer, and most of the fall. After 15 minutes of rain, it's beach time, again....and very steamy.

How about a whole summer worth of rain??? Washed out roads ( still working on them) , cancellations left and right, visitors not knowing from one day to another which road to take???? This was by far one of the wettest and worst summers I've seen in my 20 years in Alaska.....Hope next year will be normal again.

We had a nice wet winter and spring. About the 2nd week of June it stopped raining. Finally about 2 weeks ago we started having afternoon and evening thunder showers. They have come fast and furious, the river is up and the grass is green again! It's still hot as hades though, I am so ready for fall!

Back