Rain, Rain Go Away Dammit!!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Today is the day of our Independence Concert and Fireworks. Sun, drizzle, sun, a bit more rain, sun, steady rain! I went out to the Park and even with it raining cars were streaming in to the Park! This band has a following!
We will try again tomorrow. Someone posted about weather changes? We have had more rain than Carter has pills this year! We are supposed to be in our DRY season!

Send it MY way.....
Believe me, I wish I could. And yes, right this minute it has stopped again. But dollars to donuts, it will be a gully-washer by 9 PM when we would have been all set up with the tympani, trap set, and 60 other musicians and instruments plus sound equipment set up in the open. I took my Park-size trash bags out tonight and left them there for just in case for tomorrow. The percussion line is locked up in the bath house for the night and the sound equipment is shrouded in tarps. I have had enough rain for a while. My place is a jungle!

Send it MY way.....
Copperhead said:
Send it MY way....
I would send my rain your way as well. 4 weeks and counting with about a total of 8 hours of sunshine. We have not had the lawn mowed in 3 weeks, it's too wet. (lawn gal can't pay her bills...she's not making any money.) The CSA where I get my veggies can't do any weeding...tractor will get stuck if they try to use it, hand hoeing is pulling up the plants, hand weeding? everyone is losing their shoes in the mud. All of the veggies are coming thru with bugs, big time. I'm just hoping I don't look down at my salad some night and see HALF a bug. Weather forecast? Another TEN days without sunshine. This is not normal at all. It's 10-15 degrees cooler than normal. I'm wearing a sweater in the middle of the day, when I should be cursing the heat.

Send it MY way.....
Copperhead said:
Send it MY way....
I 2nd that!
Proud Texan said:
Copperhead said:
Send it MY way....
I 2nd that!
I thought you would say that...All the guests we have had from your state are crying along with us but the tears do not do anything for this drought.
cry_smile.gif

We have only had to turn the irrigation system on twice this year. Haven't had to turn the air conditioning on yet. I guess those are two positive things about all this rain.
regular_smile.gif

Rain, rain, rain here, too... and this week it's been cold! But the weekend promises clearing and 70's in time for our balloonfest!
=)
Kk.

Rain, rain, rain here, too... and this week it's been cold! But the weekend promises clearing and 70's in time for our balloonfest!
=)
Kk..
It has been gray, rainy, and cold all morning. All we need is DRY. If it does not go on tonight, it is not going. Hope springs eternal......
The rest of the weekend is supposed to be nice.

I guess you're not that far away, so it's not that surprising that our weather is similar. I hope it warms up for our balloons, and drys out for your festivities!
=)
Kk.

We lost! The Concert is cancelled. The bright spot is that everyone was so disappointed that we are going to try to reschedule in a couple weeks and the wedding reservation I took this afternoon at lunch will not have to wait until 10 PM to come.
OK, who wants in the pool that the Concert will be rescheduled for the night I have 2 rooms coming in AND a cookout for a bicycle group from Indiana! The way my luck runs......

We lost! The Concert is cancelled. The bright spot is that everyone was so disappointed that we are going to try to reschedule in a couple weeks and the wedding reservation I took this afternoon at lunch will not have to wait until 10 PM to come.
OK, who wants in the pool that the Concert will be rescheduled for the night I have 2 rooms coming in AND a cookout for a bicycle group from Indiana! The way my luck runs.......
gillumhouse said:
OK, who wants in the pool that the Concert will be rescheduled for the night I have 2 rooms coming in AND a cookout for a bicycle group from Indiana! The way my luck runs......
Of course they will. When else would they do it?
=)
Kk.

Okay, now you've done it. Now it's raining too much here too. Thanks alot.
cry_smile.gif

Back