Rain Shower Bathtub

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olga

Reaction score
rain-shower-bathtub-bathroom-design1.jpg

Rain Shower Bathtub

That's just begging for trouble in your bathroom, floors and ceilings below.

It's beautiful. Nope not at my place!
We do have small rain shower heads we use. For one of the rooms I had bought a large one. The guests loved it. But then, the guests in that room would tell me that they ran out of hot water. That room has it's own 50 hot water tank. How is that possible? Well, it felt so good, they were standing under it much longer than typical and the flow was so great that it used up all that hot water!
Once I figured out what was happening, I switched to the small rain shower and no one ever ran out of hot water again. I had no idea it used up so much!

We do have small rain shower heads we use. For one of the rooms I had bought a large one. The guests loved it. But then, the guests in that room would tell me that they ran out of hot water. That room has it's own 50 hot water tank. How is that possible? Well, it felt so good, they were standing under it much longer than typical and the flow was so great that it used up all that hot water!
Once I figured out what was happening, I switched to the small rain shower and no one ever ran out of hot water again. I had no idea it used up so much!.
Breakfast Diva said:
Once I figured out what was happening, I switched to the small rain shower and no one ever ran out of hot water again. I had no idea it used up so much!
You found something that was very much enjoyed ;)

If your tub is set up to handle a regular showerhead, this one shouldn't be a lot of problem. It looks like it has more water flow than a regular head, and people might stay under it longer and splash around more, but if you're already set up with a shower curtain or glass door that contains the water and splash, this should be no great problem.
But yes, if you just have a tub now, with no enclosure, I'd think adding the rain falling from overhead could lead to a lot of water splashed out on the floor as it hits people beneath it.

That's just begging for trouble in your bathroom, floors and ceilings below..
catlady said:
That's just begging for trouble in your bathroom, floors and ceilings below.
Why is that "begging for trouble"? Do you think it will leak all over?
there is no enclosure. it would ruin the look, but without it I can see water going everywhere.
and wasted water GALORE!!!

This is awesome but trendy. I have lived long enough to know trendy goes out soon. I went to a b&b in March and guess what the trendy heart shape tub was so old looking but when they put it in it was super cool I am sure. If they would have went traditional it would still be up to date. Even whirlpool tubs are starting to seem past. I know many people that tell me they won't use them becasue they don't know if they have been cleaned the right way.

This is awesome but trendy. I have lived long enough to know trendy goes out soon. I went to a b&b in March and guess what the trendy heart shape tub was so old looking but when they put it in it was super cool I am sure. If they would have went traditional it would still be up to date. Even whirlpool tubs are starting to seem past. I know many people that tell me they won't use them becasue they don't know if they have been cleaned the right way.

Love the showerhead, but the rest you can keep.
Take a hard look at the photo, if those are 12" tiles once you hoist yourself out of the "tub" not by stepping over the rim but to the rim and the level floor, so like a giant step, you only have 6 1/2 feet from platform floor to ceiling. The whole claustrophobic aspect would ruin the experience.
Then you have to look at the tub, it can't be more than 36" in diameter, again not conducive to much of anything but being under that gigantic showerhead. And where might I ask where are the shower controls, obviously out of sight but are they out of reach causing a potential slip and fall?
Love the showerhead, it will go in a well tiled, properly drained walk-in shower, where no one needs to reach for controls nor step up or down into a little tub pit.

This is awesome but trendy. I have lived long enough to know trendy goes out soon. I went to a b&b in March and guess what the trendy heart shape tub was so old looking but when they put it in it was super cool I am sure. If they would have went traditional it would still be up to date. Even whirlpool tubs are starting to seem past. I know many people that tell me they won't use them becasue they don't know if they have been cleaned the right way..
" trendy heart shape tub " remember the "kidney shaped" swimming pools?
I'll look for a stomach-shaped shower.
I agree with commenters: this looks dangerous, and water will splash way around when a person is in the stream.

Love the showerhead, but the rest you can keep.
Take a hard look at the photo, if those are 12" tiles once you hoist yourself out of the "tub" not by stepping over the rim but to the rim and the level floor, so like a giant step, you only have 6 1/2 feet from platform floor to ceiling. The whole claustrophobic aspect would ruin the experience.
Then you have to look at the tub, it can't be more than 36" in diameter, again not conducive to much of anything but being under that gigantic showerhead. And where might I ask where are the shower controls, obviously out of sight but are they out of reach causing a potential slip and fall?
Love the showerhead, it will go in a well tiled, properly drained walk-in shower, where no one needs to reach for controls nor step up or down into a little tub pit..
The idea of showerhead is awesome. But I personally think, the assembly of rain showerhead bathtub is not much admirable. Bathtub with hand shower would be a better choice to keep. Rather than going for overhead shower tub, spa bathrooms may really enhance the bathing experience.
imgres

A corner bathtub shower is the ultimate in convenience because it saves space while still allowing you to choose between taking a shower or a bath. There are days when you must hurry and get ready to go in a limited time frame and a shower is the only way to get ready in time.
Bathroom Supplies

Back