Rainbow Parfait

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see that is highly debated, I hear it said both ways, but since it is a rainbow themed parfait, I will have to stick with the Oz Dorothy. The rainbow parfait is what I wanted to share. I never rainbow mine, I do have a red white and blue theme when I use strawberry chunks blueberries and a white yogurt which is fun.
"Fun with parfaits" I thought maybe we could have a themed innteractiveinns blog article showing different parfaits from diff inns, but that means people taking photos of them, and our people don't do that often enough!
IF anyone is innterested, let me know, we surely CAN DO THAT! We can make it a challenge.
tounge_smile.gif

I see that is highly debated, I hear it said both ways, but since it is a rainbow themed parfait, I will have to stick with the Oz Dorothy. The rainbow parfait is what I wanted to share. I never rainbow mine, I do have a red white and blue theme when I use strawberry chunks blueberries and a white yogurt which is fun.
"Fun with parfaits" I thought maybe we could have a themed innteractiveinns blog article showing different parfaits from diff inns, but that means people taking photos of them, and our people don't do that often enough!
IF anyone is innterested, let me know, we surely CAN DO THAT! We can make it a challenge.
tounge_smile.gif
Nothing red, white & blue around here... we're not English, French, Dutch, Russian, Aussie, Kiwian, Chilean, Norwegia, etc. And two colour parfaits might not be that interesting.
It's highly debated by people today, but the expression is older than the movie. The problem is that often people make that connection in their minds, doesn't make it so.

I've been debating yogurt parfaits as a premade breakfast item. Do people prefer ready made? Or do they prefer a yogurt bar? I fully plan to do red, white and blue for Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day and maybe some other days. The rainbow idea is nice.
Right now our yogurt service is individual cups in a bowl of ice. Fruit and cereal on the side. Good food, but not so artistically presented.
Have you tried both parfait and bar? Any practical solutions?

I've been debating yogurt parfaits as a premade breakfast item. Do people prefer ready made? Or do they prefer a yogurt bar? I fully plan to do red, white and blue for Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day and maybe some other days. The rainbow idea is nice.
Right now our yogurt service is individual cups in a bowl of ice. Fruit and cereal on the side. Good food, but not so artistically presented.
Have you tried both parfait and bar? Any practical solutions?.
I did yogurt parfaits as a standard for most breakfasts. Premade..though just right before breakfast.Not a problem. No yogurt bar...not the same at all :)

I need more coffee. I was reading it as a yoghurt BAR, like a power bar, with yoghurt, we have some of those. haha
Parfaits are something that many have not had and are surprised they love them, esp with greek yog. I don't think the bar would get much use here if we did a Continental Plus breakfast, and in fact when I did the trial run of the "menu" pre-order breakfast NOT one person ordered it. To my dismay. In fact they didn't order any of the special breakfasts, the ones that we love to serve.
I stopped that, btw, and determined that people don't know what is good for them!
Yesterday guests took photos of their breakfast. They don't do that with regular breakfasts, in other words the standard drill at restaurants, which is what they THINK they want.
You know I have thought back upon the great breakfasts we enjoyed on the innspiring innkeeper road trip. I really enjoyed that part of the trip!

I need more coffee. I was reading it as a yoghurt BAR, like a power bar, with yoghurt, we have some of those. haha
Parfaits are something that many have not had and are surprised they love them, esp with greek yog. I don't think the bar would get much use here if we did a Continental Plus breakfast, and in fact when I did the trial run of the "menu" pre-order breakfast NOT one person ordered it. To my dismay. In fact they didn't order any of the special breakfasts, the ones that we love to serve.
I stopped that, btw, and determined that people don't know what is good for them!
Yesterday guests took photos of their breakfast. They don't do that with regular breakfasts, in other words the standard drill at restaurants, which is what they THINK they want.
You know I have thought back upon the great breakfasts we enjoyed on the innspiring innkeeper road trip. I really enjoyed that part of the trip!
Joey Bloggs said:
Amen!

Our most popular breakfast is a waffle bar. With frozen waffles! We aren't permitted to make waffles, so we put out frozen waffles, warmed frozen fruit, a can of whipped cream, a couple different kinds of syrup, fresh fruit, honey, cinnamon, powdered sugar.
People love it.
At first, I thought it would be tacky (a can of whipped cream????) but we aren't permitted to make our own whipped cream, so whatever!
And frozen fruit heated up makes a great fruit syrup.

OOOPs I read it wrong too..I thought she meant one of those yogurt covered granola bars LOL!!!

LOL yogurt bar - Vanilla yogurt with add ins - fresh fruit, granola, raisins, honey, nuts.
You must have thought I was nuts.
We do always have granola bars (like power bars) out for snacks.

LOL yogurt bar - Vanilla yogurt with add ins - fresh fruit, granola, raisins, honey, nuts.
We do always have granola bars (like power bars) out for snacks..
Yoghurt bar with choice of three (dealcoholized) flavours of yoghurt: Kahlua (ie coffee yoghurt), Cointreau (ie orange yoghurt) and Amaretto (ie almond yoghurt). So basically, you just rename the flavours of yoghurt to sound like alcohols, serve it in an old fashioned glass and have a little fun.
If you want to have extra fun, make some clear jelly and cut in the shape of cubes of ice to put inside.

I do a parfait that goes over really well with the guests. I start with greek yogurt, mix in my homemade berry sauce, whipped cream and crumbled up soft cookie I mix into the mixture (they're almost like muffin tops). I top it off with some fresh berries, i.e. blackberries, blueberries or raspberries.
I always get a little chuckle because the base is non-fat plain greek yogurt....well, it certainly doesn't end up non-fat! I never promised it would be 'healthy'.
Hmmm....I think I'll make it this weekend!

I do a parfait that goes over really well with the guests. I start with greek yogurt, mix in my homemade berry sauce, whipped cream and crumbled up soft cookie I mix into the mixture (they're almost like muffin tops). I top it off with some fresh berries, i.e. blackberries, blueberries or raspberries.
I always get a little chuckle because the base is non-fat plain greek yogurt....well, it certainly doesn't end up non-fat! I never promised it would be 'healthy'.
Hmmm....I think I'll make it this weekend!.
Breakfast Diva said:
Hmmm....I think I'll make it this weekend!
wow.

We do always have granola bars (like power bars) out for snacks..
Yoghurt bar with choice of three (dealcoholized) flavours of yoghurt: Kahlua (ie coffee yoghurt), Cointreau (ie orange yoghurt) and Amaretto (ie almond yoghurt). So basically, you just rename the flavours of yoghurt to sound like alcohols, serve it in an old fashioned glass and have a little fun.
If you want to have extra fun, make some clear jelly and cut in the shape of cubes of ice to put inside.
Love this idea. Would work especially well with the name of my Inn
wink_smile.gif

We also occassionally offer a parfait, assorted fresh berries (or berries and mango) with a mascarpone cheese (mixed with vanilla and honey) topped with a piece of almond crunch or home made granola.
When I say offer I should say serve ... We don't offer choices. We serve 3 courses: fruit (either the parfait or an assorted fruit plate which is served with yogurt and home made granola on the side), a main dish, fresh bread, and a dessert of a muffin/brownie/scone or cookies/etc.

I just opened a new post on this, so I apologize for being redundant.
I did the parfaits this weekend.
Chopped fresh strawberries, vanilla yogurt, honey, granola.
No one took one. My husband and kid loved them. I will do it again.
(I posted pictures of them on FB and my web site. A work friend just stopped by to say, "your parfaits were gorgeous!")

Back