Rainy day tasks

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
It's raining here and we have no one scheduled to come in so I'm hitting that list of tasks that I don't like being interrupted while doing...
  • Cleaning the fridge (preparatory to cleaning the entire kitchen)- the plus side of this is I just looked up a recipe for roasted root veggies and will be using ALL the leftover root veggies for dinner tonight.
  • Ironing
  • Scrubbing my own bathroom
  • Putting out the duvets in the guest rooms (involves lots of trips into the attic and wrestling with the duvet covers)
  • Decorating for the holidays (it all has to be done by this Thursday for a town-wide event on Friday)
  • Making 5 more holiday tablecloths
So, what sorts of tasks do YOU undertake when no one is around? And it's too wet to go out and too cold to play ball?

I'm with you in spirit! While hubs and his Dad are setting up the Lionel train display, I am alternately catching up on laundry, cleaning the basement (dust bunnies the size of tumbleweed down there), pulling out the rest of the Christmas decorations (we get the tree tomorrow, we also need to be ready to go for Friday for a special weekend) and sorting through three huge piles in our private quarters that were labeled "To be dealt with later" during the busy season...guess "later" has arrived.
I'm rewarding myself with a nice adult eggnog after dinner tonight, I'm looking forward to it so it's keeping me going.

• Cleaning out & re-organizing closets
  • Cleaning all of the hard to reach spots in the kitchen (up high with the tall ceilings, so requires a ladder)
  • Pulling out large appliances and cleaning under and behind them
  • Catching up on MOUNDS of paperwork....as best I can!

- Getting out all the Christmas decorations.
-Laundry, laundry, laundry and lots of ironing. LIstening to a good book on tape while I handle that chore.
-Organizing all photos and pertinent information for our annual family calendar which goes to 35 family members!
-Writing Christmas Cards
I must admit that this week is very slow so today I slept in late (7:30). Heaven!

-Laundry, laundry, laundry and lots of ironing. LIstening to a good book on tape while I handle that chore.
-Organizing all photos and pertinent information for our annual family calendar which goes to 35 family members!
-Writing Christmas Cards
I must admit that this week is very slow so today I slept in late (7:30). Heaven!.
What book?

-Writing Christmas Cards
I must admit that this week is very slow so today I slept in late (7:30). Heaven!.
What book?
Morticia said:
What book?
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.

Back