Re-location compensation

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birdwatcher

Reaction score
We did not mention any kind of mileage reimbursement for the job we've accepted in NJ, and its not really an issue but would like to know if this is the norm to ask for this or not.
Thanks in advance.

Ask your tax man. That is the person who can give you the specifics.
teeth_smile.gif

birdwatcher said:
We did not mention any kind of mileage reimbursement for the job we've accepted in NJ, and its not really an issue but would like to know if this is the norm to ask for this or not.
Thanks in advance.
Are you talking about moving expenses? I'm guessing the only folks pulling down moving expenses in these times are high-paid execs.

No not really "moving" expenses, maybe just mileage to get there thats all-its not really a "have to" it would just help

I don't think I would push my luck with this one. No one ever paid any of my moving expenses when I changed jobs. I moved because I wanted to and was willing to foot the bill myself. Does the new employer impress you as the "giving" type?

Even if you can't get reimbursed, keep all your receipts as you CAN deduct your moving expenses on your personal taxes, since you are moving due to employment.

Innsitters often do get reimbursed for travel expenses, including mileage. Other vendors charge it, too - like Jumping Rocks for photography shoots. You can always ask but it really should be in your contract, or in whatever terms of agreement discussions you have had.

We asked and the new employer will be sending another answer once they talk to their accountant, if we dont we dont and we will deduct it from our taxes. But many vendors charge for mileage at least, depending of course how far it is..
Its not a sticking point, but I asked and its better to ask and get an answer of yes or no.

Back