(real) B&B's a Better Way To Stay

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
So this BWTS video is pretty clever, but boy do they push the booze on these videos or what? Just something that really jumped out at me. View it here
(In light of the other thread on rollaway beds etc, this is pretty funny. I guess I just want B&B's to remain B&B's and not hostels or pack em in stays, we have those calls and it is just not what a B&B is all about, imo.)

Joey Bloggs said:
boy do they push the booze on these videos or what? Just something that really jumped out at me.
Well just yesterday somebody was saying that to find Virginia beautiful you have to have drink several glasses of wine. Or something like that.
wink_smile.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
boy do they push the booze on these videos or what? Just something that really jumped out at me.
Well just yesterday somebody was saying that to find Virginia beautiful you have to have drink several glasses of wine. Or something like that.
wink_smile.gif
That's me!!!
I think we/they are wanting to point out that we don't rip people off with the price of drinks. Our rooms come with a bottle of sparkling wine, port (soon from our own vineyard) and chocolate turndown, and most all of us have wine in the afternoon. I can just imagine what a hotel would charge for port in the evening!!!
Our rates are high, so I like to be sure they get something special for the money. It's not that expensive to give them a couple of glasses of wine. Especially when the top local winemaker has boxed his everyday wine which is very good. This way we can tap the box anytime and not have any waste as the wine stays fresh for months.
Riki

Ah Ha! I have found the perfect actors for the next BWTS video and ad!
Comedic team of 'Portlandia' set to create an off-beat Portland, Oregon, guidebook[/h1]

Great ad for B&Bs. I have to say that I had to watch it twice before I noticed any booze except the toast at the very end. But I've been tasting wine all day today at a food & wine festival. hahaha....

Comedic team of 'Portlandia' set to create an off-beat Portland, Oregon, guidebook[/h1].
Joey Bloggs said:
Comedic team of 'Portlandia' set to create an off-beat Portland, Oregon, guidebook[/h1]
Where on earth do you find this schtick? That is priceless!!!! Would certainly draw a different crowd. :)

Didn't anyone think that mentioning airb nb twice was a bit much? Why give the competition free advertising? But the overall message and feel of it was great.

If you go to the BWTS site you find all these ROMANTIC way to stay and image, SCENIC way to stay and image, etc.
I would like to add one to this (I am not providing the photos as it would violate privacy at our inn):
But picture this BWTS
MESSY way to stay
A guest room so trashed like a bomb went off that the innkeeper has to CLIMB over piles of stuff everywhere. (They checked in last night, btw and I gave them a $40 comp upgrade on their room) and they treat it this way. The shades are nearly torn off the windows, the spittoon aka a sink not rinsed after they brushed their teeth, power cords and extension all over the room into the room - not on the walls or outlets, I mean A MESS. I nearly turned around and left, but had to get wet towels off of WALNUT FURNITURE.
Yeah you can keep your GEN Y! (other than wedding nights, you can keep 'em, the slack lazy no-respect ingrate entitled generation are not welcome here)
That's right. I want the rest of the Baby Boomer Generation that does not know about B&B's, I want to focus on THOSE people as potential guests.
There that is a done deal, I said my peace, again. I mean it, I really do. "Let them stay at Hostels and that latest BWTS video talkin' about air bnb...let them have air bnb."
Have a nice day everyone...
teeth_smile.gif

If you go to the BWTS site you find all these ROMANTIC way to stay and image, SCENIC way to stay and image, etc.
I would like to add one to this (I am not providing the photos as it would violate privacy at our inn):
But picture this BWTS
MESSY way to stay
A guest room so trashed like a bomb went off that the innkeeper has to CLIMB over piles of stuff everywhere. (They checked in last night, btw and I gave them a $40 comp upgrade on their room) and they treat it this way. The shades are nearly torn off the windows, the spittoon aka a sink not rinsed after they brushed their teeth, power cords and extension all over the room into the room - not on the walls or outlets, I mean A MESS. I nearly turned around and left, but had to get wet towels off of WALNUT FURNITURE.
Yeah you can keep your GEN Y! (other than wedding nights, you can keep 'em, the slack lazy no-respect ingrate entitled generation are not welcome here)
That's right. I want the rest of the Baby Boomer Generation that does not know about B&B's, I want to focus on THOSE people as potential guests.
There that is a done deal, I said my peace, again. I mean it, I really do. "Let them stay at Hostels and that latest BWTS video talkin' about air bnb...let them have air bnb."
teeth_smile.gif
I sooooo agree with you. Please give me the 40 and over group - THOSE are the guests I want. They have money, have manners, do not expect their noses to be wiped for them (they have been in the world long enough to that issue straightened out), AND they have something to talk about. They will not show up with radio blasting so loud the east side of town is getting the vibrations. And they are young enough to be coming to B & Bs (whether it is thiis one or not) longer than I will be alive.

But picture this BWTS
MESSY way to stay
teeth_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
the slack lazy no-respect ingrate entitled generation are not welcome here
Don't you wish you could tell them that! Get out of my house, you lazy, mannerless kid!
If not for TA, you could, and your blood pressure would be at a healthier level.
I had a friend who always said, in such circumstances, "it's a reflection on their mother," meaning they had no raisin'.

But picture this BWTS
MESSY way to stay
teeth_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
Don't you wish you could tell them that! Get out of my house, you lazy, mannerless kid!
If not for TA, you could, and your blood pressure would be at a healthier level.
I had a friend who always said, in such circumstances, "it's a reflection on their mother," meaning they had no raisin'.
I think this is why Swirt used to say they didn't like disturbing the 'nests' the guests built when they checked in.

But picture this BWTS
MESSY way to stay
teeth_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
Arkansawyer said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Unfortunately it is now illegal for Mama to slap 'em up the side of the head like ours did. Ain't Mama's fault any more.

But picture this BWTS
MESSY way to stay
teeth_smile.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
Arkansawyer said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Unfortunately it is now illegal for Mama to slap 'em up the side of the head like ours did. Ain't Mama's fault any more.
Yup Im always telling DH that his mother should have smacked him more as a child.

But picture this BWTS
MESSY way to stay
teeth_smile.gif
I sooooo agree with you. Please give me the 40 and over group - THOSE are the guests I want. They have money, have manners, do not expect their noses to be wiped for them (they have been in the world long enough to that issue straightened out), AND they have something to talk about. They will not show up with radio blasting so loud the east side of town is getting the vibrations. And they are young enough to be coming to B & Bs (whether it is thiis one or not) longer than I will be alive.
So agree here! Our favorites last summer returned three times. They were polite, made their beds, took their own trash out, wiped down their shower and brought the damp towels to the laundry (separate building out back)! I'll take a dozen! Beats the family who took ALL the baked goods...

Back