Real-World Financing Options

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, thought about this while I was out hiking today... something we didn't do but should have looked into...getting help thru the VA. There is a lot of help available for small businesses owned by Vets. Do a little searching and lots of info will come up. More than likely NO ONE will tell you about these things unless you ask.
If you are both/either still active you may find more info internally than on the web. Ask around..
No VA help with this because it is a business. If we purchase the place as a home, we can use our VA benefits of no down payment, lower interest etc...and we get to include our outside income (DWs new civilian job and retirement pay and our retirement fund).
ThuderingWind said:
No VA help with this because it is a business. If we purchase the place as a home, we can use our VA benefits of no down payment, lower interest etc...and we get to include our outside income (DWs new civilian job and retirement pay and our retirement fund).
Check again. There are benefits for vets who are opening/starting businesses. Sorry, I don't have the exact websites but look at Vet Owned Business and there is this once you get going. Contacting the SBA or SCORE may give you leads. There may be info here.
I only mention this because a few years ago DH had a motorcycle accident and the VA said tough toenails, we don't help in the case of an accident. WRONG. If you are getting health care from the VA they DO cover accidents. So, because one person said no, doesn't mean they know what they're talking about.
We just came from the VA-SBA Pre-retirement briefing. This is one area that was cut back. They are spreading money out to smaller businesses ( <$50K ).

welcome
i just want to address one issue only .....
please, please ... DON'T go into this with shared baths if you can avoid them.
i started with a couple rooms with their own bathrooms and the rest with shared and it is HARD.
most folks want their own bathroom. period.
we had two rooms that had their own toilet and sink and shared a shower and it was STILL hard to rent them out.
hardest of all to rent out were the rooms with no toilet/sinks because who wants to get up in the middle of the night and go into the hallway in jammies and wait to use the toilet?
and when we did rent them out, i was constantly having to rush into the bathroom to clean out the shower etc. for those who were waiting. they were unhappy waiting and they were unhappy that the shared bathroom was moist and yucky. i would be downstairs cooking breakfast/serving breakfast and someone would come down to complain that the shared bathroom was dirty and when was i going to drop everything and go clean it for them??? even those on the third floor getting a really great low rate for a room with breakfast were grumbling at waiting to get into their shared bathroom.
after a few folks have a shower ahead of you and you are waiting ... even in your own home, with your own family members ... the shower gets yucky, towels and bathmats have to be changed out. shower stall needs cleaning and wiping down. shower curtain is wet. toilet and sink grubby. trash can full. ugh. guests do not and will not clean out the shower after they use it.
then there were the folks with their own bathrooms who would think of the shared bathroom in the hall as 'extra' and go in there instead of waiting for their partner to come out of their own bathroom.
believe me ... this is a hard way to go.
'nuff said..
We understand the shared bath concerns. We have them ourselves. We were look at the option so we could increase the room count (at a discount to be sure) and maybe sell more nights. If we are able to work the financing, we will more than likely use the wall pattern in the hallway and create a two bedroom, shared bath suite and also still make the 24x40 garage into a two Garden Suites (there is already water, electric and sewer in the building). It is not a bad garage and a little more landscaping around it would make it seem like a cottage.
ThuderingWind said:
We understand the shared bath concerns. We have them ourselves. We were look at the option so we could increase the room count (at a discount to be sure) and maybe sell more nights. If we are able to work the financing, we will more than likely use the wall pattern in the hallway and create a two bedroom, shared bath suite and also still make the 24x40 garage into a two Garden Suites (there is already water, electric and sewer in the building). It is not a bad garage and a little more landscaping around it would make it seem like a cottage.
a two room suite with shared bath is a great idea. sadly, we could not accommodate something like that.

Testimony on how i received my loan at 2% ( Frank Loans Services )
I would without reservation recommend working with Frank Loan Services, If you are in the market for a home mortgage. I have spoke to many brokers while shopping for my mortgage loan online, From the first contact, I could tell he's the type of person I could trust to help me make the best decision for me and my family, They offer both short and long terms loan off within 1-50 years loan duration, with or without collateral but no credit check and their services are fast, Reliable and trustworthy because they have been tested and trusted by me unlike other companies.
Are you finding it hard to obtain capital service from local banks and other financial institutes? do you need funds to start up your personal business? Do you have a low credit score and you are finding it hard to get a loan because of your credit score worry no more because Frank Loans Services is here to help you pay off your bills and start a good business, they offer loans at a very affordable interest rate of 2% interested persons should kindly contact him via E-mail: [email protected] Mobile: +1-713-389-6778.
Their services include Refinancing Loans, Truck Loans, Education Loans, Student loans, Personal Loans, Car Loans, Debt consolidation loans, Business Loans, secured and unsecured loan, Mortgage Loan, Home Loans, kindly contact them today for further inquiries via E-mail: [email protected] Mobile: +1-713-389-6778.
Your Financial Satisfaction is there Aim and your working with them will be of a good experience, kindly contact them today for further inquiries if you are interested in loans via his E-mail: [email protected] Mobile: +1-713-389-6778.

Testimony on how i received my loan at 2% ( Frank Loans Services )
I would without reservation recommend working with Frank Loan Services, If you are in the market for a home mortgage. I have spoke to many brokers while shopping for my mortgage loan online, From the first contact, I could tell he's the type of person I could trust to help me make the best decision for me and my family, They offer both short and long terms loan off within 1-50 years loan duration, with or without collateral but no credit check and their services are fast, Reliable and trustworthy because they have been tested and trusted by me unlike other companies.
Are you finding it hard to obtain capital service from local banks and other financial institutes? do you need funds to start up your personal business? Do you have a low credit score and you are finding it hard to get a loan because of your credit score worry no more because Frank Loans Services is here to help you pay off your bills and start a good business, they offer loans at a very affordable interest rate of 2% interested persons should kindly contact him via E-mail: [email protected] Mobile: +1-713-389-6778.
Their services include Refinancing Loans, Truck Loans, Education Loans, Student loans, Personal Loans, Car Loans, Debt consolidation loans, Business Loans, secured and unsecured loan, Mortgage Loan, Home Loans, kindly contact them today for further inquiries via E-mail: [email protected] Mobile: +1-713-389-6778.
Your Financial Satisfaction is there Aim and your working with them will be of a good experience, kindly contact them today for further inquiries if you are interested in loans via his E-mail: [email protected] Mobile: +1-713-389-6778.

Back