Really? I tried to be nice........

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my faith has been restored...He sent an email last night around 930 and said we could run the balance on his card we had on file. Whoohoo it worked. We do run a deposit on reservations and don't collect the balance until check out. So far it has worked up until this incident....and in the end this one worked to...just had add'l stress from it. Same as Joey we run the card upfront when it's a walk in.

Well my faith has been restored...He sent an email last night around 930 and said we could run the balance on his card we had on file. Whoohoo it worked. We do run a deposit on reservations and don't collect the balance until check out. So far it has worked up until this incident....and in the end this one worked to...just had add'l stress from it. Same as Joey we run the card upfront when it's a walk in..
Baygirl said:
Well my faith has been restored...He sent an email last night around 930 and said we could run the balance on his card we had on file. Whoohoo it worked. We do run a deposit on reservations and don't collect the balance until check out. So far it has worked up until this incident....and in the end this one worked to...just had add'l stress from it. Same as Joey we run the card upfront when it's a walk in.
cheers.gif

now you can breathe. it's finally over...

Just having a Grrr moment had a couple arrive as a walk in on Monday paid on arrival cash then asked could they stay another night yes that is fine then was going to try and get the money off them but when they came back I was with the Inspector and couldn't get all into it. They have now been in three nights (1 paid 2 not) DH and I decided we wanted them out today as we suspected that they would ask for another night today. They asked too stay till monday but have told them we are full to get rid of them but should have been stronger yesterday and lied then. Doubly cross as they were the only ones in last night so could have had a lie in! They have a weird smell that comes and goes partly drink and partly something else. Didn't want the inspector to think that is what is smells like here normally. They didn't want their room doing she never comes out and has room service breakfast and the sanifow goes all the time like they are running water all the time I think they are washing all their clothes while they are here. I think they are kind of like gypsies I just get a weird vibe and I want them gone. Have organised another place for them to go for the next two nights and I ruddy hope they don't try and come back. They are in a nice room and I am almost dreading going in it today. Also they used a vacume last night with out asking to vac the room think they were trying to be helpful but its a ruddy cheek!.
I LOVE reading your posts ..... there are so many words you use that I haven't heard in yonks ..... today's word is "ruddy".
Genuine thanks for the memories.

I do not take deposits, take the cc# by phone, and run the card at check-out after asking if they want it to be cash, check, or charge. I have never had a problem. BUT I am very small - no guests can get lost in the shuffle and since DH has no clue how to run a card, there is no question about who takes the $$. THAT makes a difference also.

i always took a depost at reservation time, balance at check-in.
whatever works FOR YOU is the way to go.
i am SO glad this worked out!
cheers.gif
please do decide now what your policy is if they want to book again.

So glad it worked out! everything is up to the individual innkeepers-its just simpler for us to get it up-front.

So very glad this worked out for you. Having this ordeal happen with a repeat guest rather than a first timer would have added to my feelings regarding this matter.
This issue is the type of thing we innkeepers get creeped out about, after all we have opened up our home - our sactuary to individuals we do not know and ask little of them (abide by our rules & pay for our service), when this happens we feel violated in many ways.

Back