Really No Iron Sheets?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've used Comphy Sheets for the past year and love them! Saved 4 hours a day of ironing at our inn and we've sold over $8000 in sheets in our retail area! Truly no ironing...take them out of the dryer and put them on the bed..
Did the Comphy Sheets collect hair on them? Was there anything at all you didn't like about them?
I can't say that they collect hair but we have found a few that we've removed but no more than the cotton sheets. Worth the hassle especially when we're sold out every day right now. Ironing 21 sheets each day was almost a full time job for one person!
We haven't had a problem getting any stains out. We usually treat a stain first with Dawn and a toothbrush before we try anything else.
IInitially we had to adjust to the full end pockets but we've learned to lift the corner mattress and the fitted sheet just slips beneath.
Riverbend Lady said:
I can't say that they collect hair but we have found a few that we've removed but no more than the cotton sheets. Worth the hassle especially when we're sold out every day right now. Ironing 21 sheets each day was almost a full time job for one person!
We haven't had a problem getting any stains out. We usually treat a stain first with Dawn and a toothbrush before we try anything else.
IInitially we had to adjust to the full end pockets but we've learned to lift the corner mattress and the fitted sheet just slips beneath.
welcome.gif

I have not tried Comphy but have tried a couple of other microfiber sheet sets (different brands) and I can say YES they collect hair. Even with fabric softener, hair seems to stick. I also found that they seem to slide around on the bed more than a cotton or cotton/poly blend.

We've used Comphy Sheets for the past year and love them! Saved 4 hours a day of ironing at our inn and we've sold over $8000 in sheets in our retail area! Truly no ironing...take them out of the dryer and put them on the bed..
Did the Comphy Sheets collect hair on them? Was there anything at all you didn't like about them?
Riverbend Lady said:
Can you explain what that means? I'm a bit confused. Thanks.

I always promise to give my honest feedback on products. This is something I really appreciate about this forum, helping me save time and money, so I want to give back when possible.
I got the COMPHY SHEETS, I put them on the bed yesterday after washing them. Here are my findings:
  • I got the light green (sage-like) color.
  • They are soft ( I won't go as far to say super luxurious).
  • They are wrinkle free.
  • They are light weight
  • They wash and dry quicker than my other sheet sets (since they are lighter and a microfiber material vs cotton)
  • They have a thicker elastic for the fitted sheets (why is this important? You all know the wear and tear the elastic can have, so for 1 - you can grab them easier to pull around the mattress therefore less chance of running you nails or fingertips through them, 2 - they stay on the bed better.
  • They were not hot, they were not cold. This is important, I can't handle hot sheets.
  • They are soft and not heavy feeling
  • They are stain resistant treated and are supposed to hold up well to 300 washes
  • They are better for sensitive skin and help prevent (somehow) dust mites, possibly due to the tight weave I think
  • They are 100% polyester. This is the only negative I found, and actually learning that this material DOES BREATHE which is why athletes now wear this microfiber, is important to note. But no cotton in them.
  • The B&B retail price is comparable, I just need to find out what the shipping is now.
  • They shipped from the PAC NW and took a long time to get here, but this was not a purchase it was a sample. If I ever have UPS ground from that area, it is always slowwwwww.
  • CAL King with pillowcases - the pillowcases are very large. You can order them separately, if you want queen or standard pillow cases you can order those vs a complete set.
So all in all I WILL order more of these sheet sets. Here is the website and page for Country Inns.
So tonight the toe-nail test, men and their toenails, we will see if they can hold up - I have them for I think 30 days to test out.
IF they had sent them quicker, and we still had a full house/busier season I might have already purchased more, but now that it is slower and I will test them longer, I might not order as many sets...ie I have more time to wash and dry what I have, as before the laundry was a bear. You know the old sales idea of striking while the iron is hot, and in this case LITERALLY. :)

I always promise to give my honest feedback on products. This is something I really appreciate about this forum, helping me save time and money, so I want to give back when possible.
I got the COMPHY SHEETS, I put them on the bed yesterday after washing them. Here are my findings:
  • They are wrinkle free.
  • They are light weight
  • They wash and dry quicker than my other sheet sets (since they are lighter and a microfiber material vs cotton)
  • They have a thicker elastic for the fitted sheets (why is this important? You all know the wear and tear the elastic can have, so for 1 - you can grab them easier to pull around the mattress therefore less chance of running you nails or fingertips through them, 2 - they stay on the bed better.
  • They were not hot, they were not cold. This is important, I can't handle hot sheets.
  • They are stain resistant treated and are supposed to hold up well to 300 washes
  • They are better for sensitive skin and help prevent (somehow) dust mites, possibly due to the tight weave I think
  • They are 100% polyester. This is the only negative I found, and actually learning that this material DOES BREATHE which is why athletes now wear this microfiber, is important to note. But no cotton in them.
  • The B&B retail price is comparable, I just need to find out what the shipping is now.
  • They shipped from the PAC NW and took a long time to get here, but this was not a purchase it was a sample. If I ever have UPS ground from that area, it is always slowwwwww.
  • CAL King with pillowcases - the pillowcases are very large. You can order them separately, if you want queen or standard pillow cases you can order those vs a complete set.
So all in all I WILL order more of these sheet sets. Here is the website and page for Country Inns.
So tonight the toe-nail test, men and their toenails, we will see if they can hold up - I have them for I think 30 days to test out.
IF they had sent them quicker, and we still had a full house/busier season I might have already purchased more, but now that it is slower and I will test them longer, I might not order as many sets...ie I have more time to wash and dry what I have, as before the laundry was a bear. You know the old sales idea of striking while the iron is hot, and in this case LITERALLY. :).
So what is the pricing?

• They are wrinkle free.
  • They are light weight
IF they had sent them quicker, and we still had a full house/busier season I might have already purchased more, but now that it is slower and I will test them longer, I might not order as many sets...ie I have more time to wash and dry what I have, as before the laundry was a bear. You know the old sales idea of striking while the iron is hot, and in this case LITERALLY. :).
So what is the pricing?
catlady said:
So what is the pricing?
Not sure if it is public since it is not on their website, I have a price list, I can email you if you wish. Check your email. JB
Here is the benefits and Features section. Consider drying more than one set at a time a huge benefit, as well as the dry time. This is one of the important factors for me, besides comfort and wrinkle free, of course those weight heavily! I have emailed Linda the rep to ask for a shipping fee schedule as well.

So my next quest will be, will the guests like these or prefer the cotton or mostly cotton sheets? I believe I still like the cotton, myself, better, but if it is nicer/better for sensitive skin and so much quicker to dry, these may be the ticket. With so many one nighters here, they feel a bit more plush, ie satiny to the touch, so they may think they are much more upscale.
I will wait for more feedback from those who use them regularly, if possible.
oh and I feel a blog article coming on after reading this line "[FONT= 'Lucida Sans Unicode']abandoning thread count"[/FONT][FONT= 'Lucida Sans Unicode'] from the FAQS page. :)[/FONT]

The sparks were flying under the sheets last night!
I knew that title would grab you, and yes they were, just wanted to report in on that issue, it was cold, okay so I wore flannel. As mentioned, nothing turns off a man quicker than a woman in flannel, so I am referring the the comphy sheets, not the man.
Flannel+comphy sheets = electric sparks.
It did not bother me, I found it quite interesting and "illuminating" as every time I turned over and the cover sheet was lifted I would glimpse a light show.
Now our cat? She was not as impressed by it as I was. Her tail was like those little grounding straps you find on cars!
316A060465L.jpg

cat_big_eyes_kitten_photo_shop_scar.png

No sheet Nirvanna I guess. I like the 100% cotton, but the ironing time - not so much..
My first summer here I bought into the 'guest MUST have 100% cotton sheets' mantra I heard online. (Not here, BTW!) During the month of July I did not set foot outside my house. No joke. Not once did I leave the house. I was ironing at midnight every stinkin' night. The following year I gave every last sheet to the halfway house and I bought all new sheets so I wouldn't have to pretend I was a mushroom living in the dark all summer!
I have Egyptian cotton sheets and they're not too difficult to iron, especially with my Teffal Express iron.
But I can totally sympathise with Morticia's mushroom existance, 3 years ago we had two weeks in August with nearly every guest was a 1nighter. The following year we imposed out no 1 night bookings May-Sept rule.
Are rotary irons any good ?
Highlands John said:
I have Egyptian cotton sheets and they're not too difficult to iron, especially with my Teffal Express iron.
We have Egyptian Cotton as well. The line dry virtually wrinkle free.

Back