Really No Iron Sheets?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NW Natterbug

Reaction score
Tried the Chris Madden. Less than a year. Never were really no-iron, and now are developing pin holes. Abt 36 washes each set so far. Anybody have a better supplier? Natterbug is time-challenged.

I haven't found any 100% cotton sheets that are completely no iron. Laura Ashley need the edges ironed, but are otherwise ok. I use a poly-cotton blend now as I hate ironing.

No sheet Nirvanna I guess. I like the 100% cotton, but the ironing time - not so much.

No sheet Nirvanna I guess. I like the 100% cotton, but the ironing time - not so much..
My first summer here I bought into the 'guest MUST have 100% cotton sheets' mantra I heard online. (Not here, BTW!) During the month of July I did not set foot outside my house. No joke. Not once did I leave the house. I was ironing at midnight every stinkin' night. The following year I gave every last sheet to the halfway house and I bought all new sheets so I wouldn't have to pretend I was a mushroom living in the dark all summer!

No sheet Nirvanna I guess. I like the 100% cotton, but the ironing time - not so much..
My first summer here I bought into the 'guest MUST have 100% cotton sheets' mantra I heard online. (Not here, BTW!) During the month of July I did not set foot outside my house. No joke. Not once did I leave the house. I was ironing at midnight every stinkin' night. The following year I gave every last sheet to the halfway house and I bought all new sheets so I wouldn't have to pretend I was a mushroom living in the dark all summer!
I have Egyptian cotton sheets and they're not too difficult to iron, especially with my Teffal Express iron.
But I can totally sympathise with Morticia's mushroom existance, 3 years ago we had two weeks in August with nearly every guest was a 1nighter. The following year we imposed out no 1 night bookings May-Sept rule.
Are rotary irons any good ?

We send ours out so they have the fun of ironing them but my neighbour does hers (she has a B&B to) and the has a thing which is like two small ironing boards one on the bottom and one on the top and you fold the sheet and slot it in press down, hold, lift up and its ironed. (don't know what they are called) and that is ever so fast. I could find out if anyone is interested.

We send ours out so they have the fun of ironing them but my neighbour does hers (she has a B&B to) and the has a thing which is like two small ironing boards one on the bottom and one on the top and you fold the sheet and slot it in press down, hold, lift up and its ironed. (don't know what they are called) and that is ever so fast. I could find out if anyone is interested..
Its a press iron.Mine is 36"X12",makes ironing less of a chore.Only about $325.00 or less .Got mine on line.Mary in Bridgewater

We send ours out so they have the fun of ironing them but my neighbour does hers (she has a B&B to) and the has a thing which is like two small ironing boards one on the bottom and one on the top and you fold the sheet and slot it in press down, hold, lift up and its ironed. (don't know what they are called) and that is ever so fast. I could find out if anyone is interested..
Its a press iron.Mine is 36"X12",makes ironing less of a chore.Only about $325.00 or less .Got mine on line.Mary in Bridgewater
That's the one anything that makes ironing less of a chore is tops with me. Plus if you use a regular iron get a good one its worth every penny.

Are you happy with the standard of the iron? A saw a friends and wasn't very impressed with how smooth the sheets were, but maybe that was just the make!

Are you happy with the standard of the iron? A saw a friends and wasn't very impressed with how smooth the sheets were, but maybe that was just the make!
We send ours out or I wouldn't have time for anything else but Tab's (my neighbour) seems fine I could ask what make if that helps?

When sheets are washed after one night, one night, one night, two nights, one night - whatever they are they need to hold up.
I have to dry each set of sheets separately and they are the no wrinkle, they still wrinkle, but spread out tight on the bed - they are what they are. Pillowcases are ironed with creases put in, I know others iron them out. I like them like the military uniforms where you have pressed proper creases.

I don't mind the one nighters. We are in a very rural area. I personally love all cotton sheets. We get consistant "wonderful comfortable beds" comments in the mornings. That part "ain't broke", but the ironing is a time stealer. I'm mostly unhappy with the Chris Madden due to the pin holes, and wonder if this is common with sheets that have been treated to be 'wrinkle-free'. I am hoping that someone will eventually post with a brand that they are happy with.
I will attempt to send the offending sheets back to JC Penney. If they offer replacements, I'll take them. I think they should last the 50 washings advertised.
-bug

Sometimes it is worth looking at the industrial linen suppliers (depending on order as sometimes there is a minimum) for example the ones that supply hotels as they tend to be a bit more hard wearing and if you order good quality they are as good if not better than the high street as they are designed to have a hard time.

Camberley,
Do you mind telling how much you pay to send out your sheets - are they just ironed, or laundered and ironed? I started a thread asking this question, but you must not have seen it.

Camberley,
Do you mind telling how much you pay to send out your sheets - are they just ironed, or laundered and ironed? I started a thread asking this question, but you must not have seen it.
We pay on a per item basis it is (all prices in UK pence) 20P a pillowcase, 38p single sheet, 40p double sheet 43p king sheet. £1.20 per duvet cover towels are hand towel 30p bath map 34p bathsheet (really big towel) 48P this includes supplying all the sheets towels etc and wasing and ironing them. If anything has a mark on etc you just send it back with the next delivery and you get the money off. I would just say though keep a close eye on how much you are sending in and getting back as that is the easyest way for them to diddle you. I am changing laundry as I caught them charging me twice as much for bath mats as a friend of mine who uses the same company as well as over charging me for other things. They do do an excellent service though.

We've used Comphy Sheets for the past year and love them! Saved 4 hours a day of ironing at our inn and we've sold over $8000 in sheets in our retail area! Truly no ironing...take them out of the dryer and put them on the bed.

We've used Comphy Sheets for the past year and love them! Saved 4 hours a day of ironing at our inn and we've sold over $8000 in sheets in our retail area! Truly no ironing...take them out of the dryer and put them on the bed..
Riverbend Lady said:
We've used Comphy Sheets for the past year and love them! Saved 4 hours a day of ironing at our inn and we've sold over $8000 in sheets in our retail area! Truly no ironing...take them out of the dryer and put them on the bed.
Hi Linda!
Can you share a link please. How is Fall at your place currently? We are the other side of the Blue Ridge and barely turning here...soon, very soon! I would love to see some leaf pix if you take any this season. :)

We've used Comphy Sheets for the past year and love them! Saved 4 hours a day of ironing at our inn and we've sold over $8000 in sheets in our retail area! Truly no ironing...take them out of the dryer and put them on the bed..
Riverbend Lady said:
We've used Comphy Sheets for the past year and love them!
I stayed at a B&B in July that uses the Comphy microfiber sheets. They were wonderful and they were selling one or two sets per day to guests.

Camberley,
We pay on a per item basis it is (all prices in UK pence) 20P a pillowcase, 38p single sheet, 40p double sheet 43p king sheet. £1.20 per duvet cover towels are hand towel 30p bath map 34p bathsheet (really big towel) 48P this includes supplying all the sheets towels etc and wasing and ironing them. If anything has a mark on etc you just send it back with the next delivery and you get the money off. I would just say though keep a close eye on how much you are sending in and getting back as that is the easyest way for them to diddle you. I am changing laundry as I caught them charging me twice as much for bath mats as a friend of mine who uses the same company as well as over charging me for other things. They do do an excellent service though.
I will have to find a conversion chart to American $, but thanks for the info!

I found a local laundry service and considering the time and effort it costs me it would have saved me $$, however they only serviced hospitals and funeral homes, and they would not accept my linens, I would have to use theirs
Can you saw AWFUL?

Back