reasonable bathroom amenities

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Contact "Touch of Mink" in Salem, Oregon. I think they have a website. Great products. I buy their soap and it runs about 15 cents per bar.

I've had good luck with Gilchrist and Soames and they've just come out with a new green line of products. Prices, quality, and service are all good. Call them and they'll send samples.

We use the multi dispensers as well. We find them not only save the landfills but also help reduce our bathroom cleaning time. We do keep some bar soaps if requested though.
There is a company that does make green bottles - they breakdown in much less time than the plastics...I will have to check with one of our B&B friends who uses them - stay tuned..
Thanks for all your great ideas--I would like to go the green route as well --just wondering where you put the dispesers--are they the ones that go in the shower? Thats the only ones I have seen.
riverbendnewbie said:
Thanks for all your great ideas--I would like to go the green route as well --just wondering where you put the dispesers--are they the ones that go in the shower? Thats the only ones I have seen.
posted this in another thread but it works over here too. dispenser.com garanteed for life. nice clean easy to fill. they have been knocked down and they pop apart and go right ack together. shampoo makes a mess but the dispenser keeps on ticking. when one broke we ordered the part and it cam in the mail we payed shipping/ good comapny to deal with. dispenser has *shampoo* printed right on it in case you get different kinds they are labeled. a soap one would be nice on the sink. may have to check that. they have touchless motion snesor dispensers too.
I've been using the lysol brand motion activated liquid soap dispenser in my kitchen for months and love it! When flu season came around last fall I decided to buy another one for the guest powder room on first floor - great idea! everyone loves it! Thinking about maybe replacing pump dispensers in guest rooms as well...
BTW... as for amenities, our guests love the Nourish Spa stuff we have. I get it from BigOrders.com (your order does NOT have to be big tho...) and it's reasonable, too.

We use the multi dispensers as well. We find them not only save the landfills but also help reduce our bathroom cleaning time. We do keep some bar soaps if requested though.
There is a company that does make green bottles - they breakdown in much less time than the plastics...I will have to check with one of our B&B friends who uses them - stay tuned..
riverbendnewbie said:
posted this in another thread but it works over here too. dispenser.com garanteed for life. nice clean easy to fill. they have been knocked down and they pop apart and go right ack together. shampoo makes a mess but the dispenser keeps on ticking. when one broke we ordered the part and it cam in the mail we payed shipping/ good comapny to deal with. dispenser has *shampoo* printed right on it in case you get different kinds they are labeled. a soap one would be nice on the sink. may have to check that. they have touchless motion snesor dispensers too.
I've been using the lysol brand motion activated liquid soap dispenser in my kitchen for months and love it! When flu season came around last fall I decided to buy another one for the guest powder room on first floor - great idea! everyone loves it! Thinking about maybe replacing pump dispensers in guest rooms as well...
BTW... as for amenities, our guests love the Nourish Spa stuff we have. I get it from BigOrders.com (your order does NOT have to be big tho...) and it's reasonable, too.
Okay, I honestly don't understand these. The reasoning just doesn't work for me. Why do I have to worry about "germy" soap dispensers... I'm about to wash my hands.... they won't be germy after washing.
I have regular soap dispenser (on the wall). A lot cheaper and does the same thing, without the need to buy "branded" soap.
Oh and I don't use anything with triclosan. It doesn't make your hands any cleaner, just the environment more toxic.

I use this one and it does a green line. http://www.outofeden.co.uk/
don't know if they would post to the US mind. They do kind of brackets you can fit bottles into or the dispensers you fit to the wall plus a ton of other stuff that is handy for B&B's

I've had good luck with Gilchrist and Soames and they've just come out with a new green line of products. Prices, quality, and service are all good. Call them and they'll send samples..
That is who I use for soaps shampoo, conditioners and makeup removers. They have a very classy look. They are here in Indiana and when I call I receive my shipment the next day. They are great to work with.

riverbendnewbie said:
Okay, I honestly don't understand these. The reasoning just doesn't work for me. Why do I have to worry about "germy" soap dispensers... I'm about to wash my hands.... they won't be germy after washing.
I have regular soap dispenser (on the wall). A lot cheaper and does the same thing, without the need to buy "branded" soap.
Oh and I don't use anything with triclosan. It doesn't make your hands any cleaner, just the environment more toxic.
"Why do I have to worry about "germy" soap dispensers... I'm about to wash my hands.... they won't be germy after washing."
...Absolutely right about the germs! But what I LOVE about them is that there is no gunky mess build up around the pump to scrub clean and rarely extra dripping underneath...a simple swipe across the top to clear dust, and occassionally flip switch off on back of dispenser to wipe around the body. It just always seems to look nice and probably 75% of our guests since using it have commented that they like it just b/c it "seems" more sanitary...

The link did not work..
sorry...my bad... it's www.bigordersavings.com
w36dq0qIiQkGYAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

and while I've been absorbing all the awesome collective knowledge from everyone here for several months now (new BB owner since Aug '10), this has been my first time actually participating and didn't think to figure out how to create the link (or check it first for that matter
embaressed_smile.gif
).
Anyway, this is the right site...and also pasted this pic of the product...it seems to suit the men as well as the women, scents are pleasant (lemongrass and green tea), and the quality is nice as well (I tried it myself before committing to it).
**edit**
confused_smile.gif
just noticed the comment about link not working was NOT meant for me...oops...anyway, still wanted to share...

Wow this is an old thread. Paging down I see at LEAST FOUR comments by members that are no longer innkeepers on this list! WOW! It was only started 06/25/09 so nearly 2 years ago.

Wow this is an old thread. Paging down I see at LEAST FOUR comments by members that are no longer innkeepers on this list! WOW! It was only started 06/25/09 so nearly 2 years ago..
I agree. WAY OLD! Don't know if a spammer or a newbie revived it. But as others have said here in the past..it. It may help someone :)

Back