recipe block! please help!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldcharm

Reaction score
I have ten people for breakfast tomorrow. I serve family style.
I'm looking for something preferable salty... like eggs etc.. rather than something that requires syrup [had pancakes today].
Any help is appreciated. It's like writers block for an inkeeper!

How about a casserole with a bag of frozen hashbrowns, 1 cup of chopped veggies (I alternate peppers and onions with broccoli and mushrooms depending on what I have) all mixed up with 2-3 cups of shredded cheese and put in the largest cassserole dish you have. Then mix 6-8 eggs, 2 cups of milk and a cup of bisquick, pour over the hash browns, then sprinkle with more shredded cheese, top with parsley, dried hot peppers, basil or whatever. Let sit covered and in refrig for at least 1 hr or overnight, cook for at least an hour at 350. Then add a meat on the side.

Do you have individual ramekins, about 3" diameter? One per person.
For each ramekin: Grease thoroughly. Fill loosely about 1/3 with lightly cooked vegetables of choice (the same kind you'd use in a quiche or an omelet). Top with a hefty pinch of grated cheese (cheddar, mozza). Beat together 2 eggs, 1/2 eggshell of milk, heaping soup spoon of cottage cheese (I bet sour cream would work if that's what you have on hand), salt, pepper, whatever herbs you've got going on (parsley, thyme, basil, chives). Pour over veggies & cheese. Bake at 350 till set, about 25 minutes.
Serve in the ramekin (it holds the heat well) with a side meat, homefries, toast, sliced tomato or whatever.
Often I do one or two large fritattas, each in a cast iron skillet. I cut each in 6 wedges and serve plated but it would work family style too.

i know you said family style, so big quiches ~ one with spinach, one without.
but i would do up home fries, bacon or sausage, bisquits ~ and eggs ~ scrambled or fried to order. fruit on the side. this was one of my post popular breakfasts! the bacon used to draw them into the breakfast room whether they ate it or not!

There are many wonderful recipes for ham and cheese or sausage and cheese or tomato, basil and cheese stratas. One 9 X 13 pan will feed 8 so you may have to make two or one big one and one smaller one. I also serve them with bacon, homefries, fresh fruit, and muffins or scones. If you don't have a recipe let me know and I will print it here. Good luck.

here's a link to a make ahead scrambled eggs that we make frequently:
http://busycooks.about.com/od/eggentreerecipes/r/makeaheadeggs.htm

Back