recipe for blueberry blintzes?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
well, i'm filling in doing breakfast for a b&b on monday morning and they asked if i can make blueberry blintzes. i've never made blueberry blintzes before. are these like a blueberry crepe? i said i'd never made them before but it's only 2 couples and i said i'd give it a shot but i can't promise it will be what the 'inncoming' want! the innkeeper has never made them either ~ so i don't know why on earth she said i could do it.
any suggestions? any recipes? what kind of pan is best to use?

ps i plan to make 'test blintzes' tomorrow for all who are brave enough to try them!!

ps i plan to make 'test blintzes' tomorrow for all who are brave enough to try them!!.
Blintzes are like crepes but they are rolled around a cheese filling. Check out the recipe on Food Network's website by Tyler Florence.

It is no big deal. YOu can read a recipe... Just a crepe with sweet cheese filling. then top it with blueberry sauce. No biggie. Here's a great photo for you to see.
a crepe pan would be best but any small sloping sided frying pan will work ok for you. You can make the crepes ahead of time and just layer them between sheets of waxed paper and refrigerate till Monday AM.
Some recipes call for farmer's cheese??? I don't know what that is. Others say cottage cheese...doesn't appeal to me. BUt a combination of cottage cheese and cream cheese blended in the food processor...that appeals to me.. but my favorite is ricotta cheese.

this sounds like a very heavy food for breakfast, very sweet.
i'm not going to buy all those ingredients to experiment at home. (although i am experimenting making the egg part so very thin and light). i've left a message telling her (the inn owner) what-all is needed for this recipe if she wants me to make them. to be sure she has all the ingredients on hand.
thanks!

this sounds like a very heavy food for breakfast, very sweet.
i'm not going to buy all those ingredients to experiment at home. (although i am experimenting making the egg part so very thin and light). i've left a message telling her (the inn owner) what-all is needed for this recipe if she wants me to make them. to be sure she has all the ingredients on hand.
thanks!.
You can actually make all the components separately and keep them in the refrigerator overnight...at least I think so...nothing there that can't take overnight refrigeration. Crepes I always make ahead of time. The cheese mixture should keep well in a tupperware container and so should a blueberry sauce.
Don't put too much filling in. If there are only 2 couples, make half a recipe. It is sweet but not any more than any of the other sweet things we serve...stuffed french toast etc etc. Did she have a request from the guests for these??? Wonder why she would serve something she had never made or tried before much less want you to do it????

guests' request. i never made stuffed french toast. or crepes. should be interesting.
this is a funny b&b ~ i don't know if they will make it or not. they tend to say 'yes, of course' to most anything they are asked to do and then it's a scramble to try to accommodate the requests ~ sometimes they haven't been able to. i'd love to buy it, (not that it's for sale), but i don't have the finances. it's a little place (one of many) that i walked up to, resume, business card (and muffins) in hand, and said 'if you ever need help, i ran a b&b for three years, i'm nearby, here's my resume and my number' and i left.

guests' request. i never made stuffed french toast. or crepes. should be interesting.
this is a funny b&b ~ i don't know if they will make it or not. they tend to say 'yes, of course' to most anything they are asked to do and then it's a scramble to try to accommodate the requests ~ sometimes they haven't been able to. i'd love to buy it, (not that it's for sale), but i don't have the finances. it's a little place (one of many) that i walked up to, resume, business card (and muffins) in hand, and said 'if you ever need help, i ran a b&b for three years, i'm nearby, here's my resume and my number' and i left..
i have some frozen blueberries, picked them a couple weeks ago. i think i will try making the sauce. i have made a blueberry compote before.

this is a funny b&b ~ i don't know if they will make it or not. they tend to say 'yes, of course' to most anything they are asked to do and then it's a scramble to try to accommodate the requests ~ sometimes they haven't been able to. i'd love to buy it, (not that it's for sale), but i don't have the finances. it's a little place (one of many) that i walked up to, resume, business card (and muffins) in hand, and said 'if you ever need help, i ran a b&b for three years, i'm nearby, here's my resume and my number' and i left..
How I wish someone like you would come to my door looking to help/work! Can you clone yourself and ship the other one off to the west coast?

i have some frozen blueberries, picked them a couple weeks ago. i think i will try making the sauce. i have made a blueberry compote before.
A blueberry compote would work just as well over the top if you are more comfortable making a recipe you know. iF you have never made crepes before then I suggest you do make them today ahead of time. That way you won't be sweating over a strange stove and worrying about if they come out ok or not. You can use crepes for all sorts of things...I used to make lots of different flavors and keep them frozen until I needed them. It will save time for you in the morning as well. Or you can put some ice cream in them, pour over your blueberry compote and everyone enjoy them for dessert tonight:)

I've made strawberry blintzes similar to the delicious blueberry blintz recipe posted here. I make the crepes ahead, fill and fold the day before serving and refridgerate. In the morning I saute the filled crepes in butter and serve with sauce. A little time consuming the day before - not too bad though.

UPDATE: so i get to the b&b this morning and meet the owner going out the door. i had brought my 'blueberry goop' with me ... but she DIDN'T GO SHOPPING. so no ingredients for the filling. she had lots of blueberries on hand and told me she told them last nite i was filling in for her and (sorry) i wouldn't be able to make the blintzes. such a fibber as she doesn't know how to make them herself!! this is why i don't know if the place can make it. promises and then excuses. so not cool ......
i made them blueberry pancakes instead and served them with the heated compote on the side. also, sausage on the side. i don't add the berries until the cakes are on the griddle so they could have them plain if they wanted. she also had some hard boiled eggs and nice bananas, apples, pears and oranges, so they were happily munching away while i cooked.
nice people!

UPDATE: so i get to the b&b this morning and meet the owner going out the door. i had brought my 'blueberry goop' with me ... but she DIDN'T GO SHOPPING. so no ingredients for the filling. she had lots of blueberries on hand and told me she told them last nite i was filling in for her and (sorry) i wouldn't be able to make the blintzes. such a fibber as she doesn't know how to make them herself!! this is why i don't know if the place can make it. promises and then excuses. so not cool ......
i made them blueberry pancakes instead and served them with the heated compote on the side. also, sausage on the side. i don't add the berries until the cakes are on the griddle so they could have them plain if they wanted. she also had some hard boiled eggs and nice bananas, apples, pears and oranges, so they were happily munching away while i cooked.
nice people!.
What!!!!! That is rotten. You go and prepare yourself to do something and she changes it up!!! I am not sure I would be helping her out again. Gheez!!! Sure blueberry pancakes are fine and you can do them, but what was the point anyway. If she promises guests something, she should deliver and not give you as the excuse:-(

well ~ i do it because i need a job.
sad_smile.gif

they did like the compote which i was happy to tell them i made myself.
wink_smile.gif

Back