Recipes needed containing no dairy

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Looking for egg recipes that contain no dairy. Guests have been thru our entire oeuvre of breakfast dishes.
Also looking for sweet dishes with no dairy.
Cannot use nut milk, either. So, no cheese, no cream, no milk, no nuts. There are too many guests in the group to make fried eggs.
Thanks!

How about egg baskets ... that you make in muffin tins? The lining is a (dairy free) piece of bread. Drop in a tiny bit of oil to coat the tin. Then the piece of bread, then egg. You can add some cooked bacon or ham strips. Bake 350 about 20 minutes. You can beat the egg or just drop it in as is. This was originally from the Colonel Prescott Inn in New Hampshire .... long ago, maybe 2007, that the former owners shared the recipe. They added cheese, but of course you won't for dairy free. Probably lots of recipes similar online

Sweet breakfast ... I love oatmeal, I admit it. with raisins and walnuts. Or a really good granola. No need for milk with it, I like it as is. Can you do a pancake or waffle without dairy? I am pretty sure Annie's pancake and waffle mix (yes, shhhh, mix) tastes really good and has no dairy.

Are they okay with oat milk? It's really big here, because oats are local and unlike nuts aren't imported. How about polenta, you can even make it in a rice cooker... 4 to 1 ratio of water to corn meal. You can fry the polenta, put it in the oven with eggs on top and back some eggs sunny side up on it. Potato hash also works. A real spanish omelet.... with or without onions. Slices of potato, eggs and baked. https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/real-spanish-omelette
I love steel cut oatmeal, add in berries, some sugar.

Sweet breakfast ... I love oatmeal, I admit it. with raisins and walnuts. Or a really good granola. No need for milk with it, I like it as is. Can you do a pancake or waffle without dairy? I am pretty sure Annie's pancake and waffle mix (yes, shhhh, mix) tastes really good and has no dairy..
Maybe we can do the baked oatmeal and leave out the nuts.
We make that vegan, so no milk.
We have never made homemade batter, it’s always a mix! From the grocery store, not even a fancy one.

Are they okay with oat milk? It's really big here, because oats are local and unlike nuts aren't imported. How about polenta, you can even make it in a rice cooker... 4 to 1 ratio of water to corn meal. You can fry the polenta, put it in the oven with eggs on top and back some eggs sunny side up on it. Potato hash also works. A real spanish omelet.... with or without onions. Slices of potato, eggs and baked. https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/real-spanish-omelette
I love steel cut oatmeal, add in berries, some sugar..
I don’t think they’ve had the polenta and mushrooms! Good idea.
No idea about oat milk, just no dairy.
Too many for omelets, it’s a group.

I love steel cut oatmeal, add in berries, some sugar..
I don’t think they’ve had the polenta and mushrooms! Good idea.
No idea about oat milk, just no dairy.
Too many for omelets, it’s a group.
A spanish omelet isn't a personal omelet. It's like you "egg pie". But you usually bake it in a frying pan in the oven. The ingredients are simple, potatoes and eggs. You can add fried onions, if you want. Some salt and pepper. You fry the bottom to seal it in the pan and then put in the oven to bake. Served like pie slices. It can even be served cold, though I prefer it hot. And I like to serve it with a little warm salsa or a diced vegetable salad.

What do they say they eat for breakfast?

not that I would go nuts (haha) trying time accommodate by buying things you will never use. You know that already.
But we’ve all been down that road when 1/2 of the no pork group eats regular old bacon because they’re ‘on vacation’
happened to me when I had 1/2+ house no bacon and cooked a little for two rooms and the no bacon people were asking for it

What do they say the eat for breakfast?

not that I would go nuts (haha) trying time accommodate by buying things you will never use. You know that already.
But we’ve all been down that road when 1/2 of the no pork group eats regular old bacon because they’re ‘on vacation’
happened to me when I had 1/2+ house no bacon and cooked a little for two rooms and the no bacon people were asking for it.
They eat everything but dairy. They’ve been thru our whole repertoire, being 10 year veterans of the place. I’m looking for something new. Something they haven’t had.
i have to check last year’s menus. They may have had the polenta. It’s not as good without a pound of cheese!

What do they say the eat for breakfast?

happened to me when I had 1/2+ house no bacon and cooked a little for two rooms and the no bacon people were asking for it.
They eat everything but dairy. They’ve been thru our whole repertoire, being 10 year veterans of the place. I’m looking for something new. Something they haven’t had.
i have to check last year’s menus. They may have had the polenta. It’s not as good without a pound of cheese!
Agreed!
embaressed_smile.gif
A friend served a non dairy strata with some kind of cheese substitute ... dairy free. It had a very odd taste and she was pretty unhappy with it. I thought, why bother making strata without cheese? But that is me.

Other ideas... egg cups with bacon. Put the bacon around muffin tins, slice of potato at the bottom and crack eggs and bake about 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle some red pepper diced and some parsley. Ever tried shakshouka?

Other ideas... egg cups with bacon. Put the bacon around muffin tins, slice of potato at the bottom and crack eggs and bake about 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle some red pepper diced and some parsley. Ever tried shakshouka?.
Shakshouka just does not look good to me. The tomato and egg combo just doesn’t work for me.

Other ideas... egg cups with bacon. Put the bacon around muffin tins, slice of potato at the bottom and crack eggs and bake about 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle some red pepper diced and some parsley. Ever tried shakshouka?.
Shakshouka just does not look good to me. The tomato and egg combo just doesn’t work for me.
You are serving it, not eating it. I figured that it would never fly when I first served it... and it surprised me how many people love it.

You are serving it, not eating it. I figured that it would never fly when I first served it... and it surprised me how many people love it.
Generic said:
i have to look at it while I serve it. Eww. Sorry, there are combos I cannot wrap my head around. Lots of guests like all kinds of things I won’t put on the menu because I can’t stand them - green peppers, cilantro - to name but two.

Generic said:
i have to look at it while I serve it. Eww. Sorry, there are combos I cannot wrap my head around. Lots of guests like all kinds of things I won’t put on the menu because I can’t stand them - green peppers, cilantro - to name but two.
Our neighbour was this way. We had to introduce her to the breakfast parfait. She would only buy plain yogurt, because that was what she ate.

Generic said:
Our neighbour was this way. We had to introduce her to the breakfast parfait. She would only buy plain yogurt, because that was what she ate.
I’m allowed to dislike certain foods or food combos. It doesn’t make me a bad person. I don’t have to change. And I don’t have to serve those foods or combos. I serve coffee. I can’t tolerate the smell of it brewing or on someone’s breath. That’s as far as I’m going! ;-)

Back