Recommendations for mattress protectors?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
I want the fully encasing kind of mattress protectors with zippers, not just the kind that go on like a sheet. Any suggestions for ones that hold up well and aren't a fortune? This is for my spare bedroom so it's not important that they are noiseless. (Actually, the noisier the better, the sooner the family will leave!)

I would love to know this too. I really need them to be very quite and not be hot.

I would love to know this too. I really need them to be very quite and not be hot..
I bury them under really thick cotton mattress pads so the heat thing usually doesn't come into play. They can still be a little noisy even with the mattress pad on top. But, it's for family. If I have to sleep on the playroom couch with the 135 lb dog when I visit, they can put up with a little scritch scritch when they turn over in bed!

they do a sort of terry towling one now that doesn't make any noise and they also do breathable ones which are no heat and no noise but they are yet more expensive.

they do the full zip all round kind from $8.95 on amazon bargain

they do a sort of terry towling one now that doesn't make any noise and they also do breathable ones which are no heat and no noise but they are yet more expensive..
I got one of those terry ones for free. Not worth what I paid for it. Noisy as all get out.

Oddly enough I just got a catalog with those in the mail, prob is you need to touch them to know if they will be the NOISY kind.
Here is the link - it says LINEN sale across the front and has pillow and mattress zip up covers on the front page.
Promo code is VT2008

Oddly enough I just got a catalog with those in the mail, prob is you need to touch them to know if they will be the NOISY kind.
Here is the link - it says LINEN sale across the front and has pillow and mattress zip up covers on the front page.
Promo code is VT2008.
Yes, got the same catalog! I thinks Cambs on Amazon will do just fine. It takes some care not to tear them but it's not like I'm going to be flipping this bed too often.

We use the ones produced by MicronOne, Healthyzzz is one of their three brands. If someone contacts them, they will often offer a special direct order coupon for B&Bs. I then use a cotton cover over this for comfort.

Back