Red Velvet French Toast?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandynn

Reaction score
Does anyone have a reciepe for Red Velvet french toast? A resaturant I saw serves it and people must go there for this.

Wouldn't that simply be chocolate french toast with loads of red colouring added to it? In that case, just add a few teaspoons of cocoa and red colouring until you can't see the brown anymore.

I googled it and there were no recipes to be found. But if you look at the images you can get the idea. It looks like "the YOLK" restaurant makes the red velvet cake..standard recipe in a jelly roll pan, then fills it with a cream cheese mixture...probably similar to what you put in a pumpkin roll. Then it is sliced and dipped in egg wash and cooked just like regular french toast.
To me, I would not want something this rich for breakfast. Was not appealing to me. There were lots of images of it from different places and some were really bad looking. I don't know what the big deal is. I really don't even like red velvet cake all that much.

Just saw a red velvet waffle on FB yesterday. Must be the flavor du jour.

I googled it and there were no recipes to be found. But if you look at the images you can get the idea. It looks like "the YOLK" restaurant makes the red velvet cake..standard recipe in a jelly roll pan, then fills it with a cream cheese mixture...probably similar to what you put in a pumpkin roll. Then it is sliced and dipped in egg wash and cooked just like regular french toast.
To me, I would not want something this rich for breakfast. Was not appealing to me. There were lots of images of it from different places and some were really bad looking. I don't know what the big deal is. I really don't even like red velvet cake all that much..
catlady said:
To me, I would not want something this rich for breakfast. Was not appealing to me. There were lots of images of it from different places and some were really bad looking. I don't know what the big deal is. I really don't even like red velvet cake all that much.
You could easily simplify this by mixing it with the cinnamon roll pancake recipe. Make a thin cream cheese mixture and put it into a squeeze bottle and while cooking the pancake, make the swirl. Chocolate pancake with red dye and a cream cheese swirl.
See www.recipegirl.com/2011/03/01/cinnamon-roll-pancakes/ or www.recipegirl.com/2011/09/22/pumpkin-cinnamon-roll-pancakes/
Where's Weaver.... no comments from Weaver on this subject yet?

Wouldn't that simply be chocolate french toast with loads of red colouring added to it? In that case, just add a few teaspoons of cocoa and red colouring until you can't see the brown anymore..
Whenever you are going out to the park or just on a outdoor picnic, you are going to really love to make tasty French toast for fulfilling your and family’s urge for food. French toast has to be the simplest recipes most people may make in a short period of time.
Before starting creating meals it is advisable to collect all the ingredients that are required for making French toast. You should have some slices of bread which can be of any type you and your loved ones use every day. It is preferable if you eat grain bread because it makes it possible to obtain a really good quantity of nutrients and vitamins that help you stay strong, energetic and powerful. After that, you should have 4-6 eggs. It's your choice just how many you'll need based on the guests to whom you happen to be making the French toasts. In general in cases where you're making for one particular person, you'll have to use not one but two eggs. Hence you might count the guests and prepare the total number of eggs properly.
Next, you'll need cinnamon to sprinkle on egg mixture for coating its top creating tiny coating with that. You will need to put them along, but take extra care regarding the the amount of cinnamon and also other materials. French toast is a delicious breakfast that is very easy to make. These are typically the components you must have. When you've gathered them, have a fry pan over very low temperature. This is actually performed to pre-heat the griddle for sometime just before food preparation. You could spray the fry pan you will be using with oil.
You must beat the required eggs and additionally put cinnamon within the mixture. When you have beaten the eggs and so the wanted thickness in mixture was gotten, begin putting cinnamon in it. Put cinnamon in the mixture in an amount that combination gets to be layered from the thinner coating. So now as soon as the mixture is ready, it’s time for you to prepare French toasts that may be finished in practically 3-4 minutes.
Please take a single slice of bread and put it in your mixture simply by using a fork. After you have entirely layered the slices of bread with egg mixture you can actually place that slice of bread in baking pan. Fry the bread in ways that the sides of it get cooked properly and fried. Replicate the exact same phase for every slice of bread and grab yourself a yummy French toast.

Back