Referral in DC

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domsmom

Reaction score
I have a previous guest, who has become a friend. He will be traveling from Houston to DC April 25, 5 nights and wanted a recommendation of a place to stay.
My place is a family environment, I have children, and our guests truly feel part of the family.
Any such places in DC near the subway?
Thanks

It is not in DC but Aspen Hall in Martinsburg, WV is walking distance to the metro. That is the only one I know. Not familiar with DC itself.

It is not in DC but Aspen Hall in Martinsburg, WV is walking distance to the metro. That is the only one I know. Not familiar with DC itself..
Sorry, Kathleen but Aspen Hall is not at all close to a Metro Station (the DC subway) - they are two hours away from Washington. You might be able to walk to a MARC train (the commuter rail) like you can from most of the B&Bs in Harpers Ferry as well, but on a train schedule for commuters, not like a subway line.
There is a B&B called the Swann House near the Dupont Circle metro stop in DC - we stayed there this past winter when we saw a play at the newly reopened Ford's Theater. It is lovely and the hosts are great - there is an innkeeper working there from WV!

It is not in DC but Aspen Hall in Martinsburg, WV is walking distance to the metro. That is the only one I know. Not familiar with DC itself..
Sorry, Kathleen but Aspen Hall is not at all close to a Metro Station (the DC subway) - they are two hours away from Washington. You might be able to walk to a MARC train (the commuter rail) like you can from most of the B&Bs in Harpers Ferry as well, but on a train schedule for commuters, not like a subway line.
There is a B&B called the Swann House near the Dupont Circle metro stop in DC - we stayed there this past winter when we saw a play at the newly reopened Ford's Theater. It is lovely and the hosts are great - there is an innkeeper working there from WV!
Thanks. I thought it was the Metro from what Charlie had said. I appreciate the correction. In the words of Paul Harvey - Now, I know!

We had an innkeeper on here from Dupont at The Circle B&Ba while back. But the orig thread made it sound like they were looking for a family style B&B? Or was he/she just saying looking for something comfy and homey? Prob not many smaller family run B&B's in DC.
"Your "Home away from Home" while in the Nation's Capital, the Dupont at the Circle Inn will welcome you as a guest and bid fond farewell to you as a friend." http://www.dupontatthecircle.com/

We had an innkeeper on here from Dupont at The Circle B&Ba while back. But the orig thread made it sound like they were looking for a family style B&B? Or was he/she just saying looking for something comfy and homey? Prob not many smaller family run B&B's in DC.
"Your "Home away from Home" while in the Nation's Capital, the Dupont at the Circle Inn will welcome you as a guest and bid fond farewell to you as a friend." http://www.dupontatthecircle.com/.
I've stayed at Dupont at the Circle myself and would definitely recommend it. Lovely place.

I'd suggest your guest look at www.bedandbreakfastdc.com. Steve Lucas is the administrator of that site and would do a great job fitting needs/desires with the right place. They rep all kinds of B&Bs in DC, and he always works with me when I go to DC.

Back