Referrals for March

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
I have good news John and BedandBreakfast.com!!
I just got the stats from Willow and it showed 100 click thrus to our website in March. I double checked my stats report (livestats.discountasp.net) and it showed 40 for referring domains - so all in all even though there is a pretty big diff - which could be my reporting side for part of it, it is showing much better than 12!
I added a secondary city listing in Feb. And oh I just saw the link on the email from Willow to click here for secondary city stats. BONZA MATE! That is it. It shows 45 click thrus from the secondary city. I finally outsmarted myself! The reason I went with the seconday city is the fact that the secondary city ONLY has one other B&B that is further from that city than we are. I was in that city last night, it is not too far from us.
embaressed_smile.gif

And you should do that. Our state association's new website shows now not the inns in and around (driving distance to dinner - like 15 minutes from downtown) anymore.
Now when you click for Charlottesville they show only the 6 inns with a Charlottesville address.
Then it goes to everything within 50 miles of town.
So the guest can no longer tell without actually reading everything and checking the Google map (and we all know how they read things....!) which are close by and which are 49 miles away.
So don't feel guilty listing yourself somewhere that is close by.
Riki

And you should do that. Our state association's new website shows now not the inns in and around (driving distance to dinner - like 15 minutes from downtown) anymore.
Now when you click for Charlottesville they show only the 6 inns with a Charlottesville address.
So the guest can no longer tell without actually reading everything and checking the Google map (and we all know how they read things....!) which are close by and which are 49 miles away.
Riki.
Please complain to the BBAV President!!! THe maps are based on Google maps. I just did a search and all the inns in Charlottesville show up. Viewers can PICK the mileage to suit their needs.

Riki.
Please complain to the BBAV President!!! THe maps are based on Google maps. I just did a search and all the inns in Charlottesville show up. Viewers can PICK the mileage to suit their needs.
Complaints already made long ago. I know you can look for the mileage. But that's not what I look for on a website. When I pick a town I want a list of inns in and near that town. I don't want to look on a google map and figure out mileage. Especially if I don't know the town. We already have inns 45 minutes away that market themselves on other directories as "in Charlottesville".
We all know people don't read. The same goes for looking at a map and figuiring out which inns are in town, near town, and 59 miles away from town.
Riki

Riki.
Complaints already made long ago. I know you can look for the mileage. But that's not what I look for on a website. When I pick a town I want a list of inns in and near that town. I don't want to look on a google map and figure out mileage. Especially if I don't know the town. We already have inns 45 minutes away that market themselves on other directories as "in Charlottesville".
We all know people don't read. The same goes for looking at a map and figuiring out which inns are in town, near town, and 59 miles away from town.
Riki
egoodell said:
Riki
We are members of our lake chamber. Half of the lake is owned by our county and that is part of our tourism niche.
On the lake visitor website there are three B&B's and ours states we are not on the lake but a drive to the lake blah blah blah. People don't read, they just call or book. I tell them "We are the exit off the highway you take to get to the lake" Phone rings "Do you have a dock?" What? Here? No.
cry_smile.gif

and...there is one directory most of us belong to who has "nearby inns" and towns stated clearly as being at least HALF the distance and drive time as they actually are.
When confronted over this issue they said it is "As the crow flies" well unless our guests arrive wearing beaks and black wings they are going to use a ROAD. So as the ROAD FLIES this one town is 60 minutes away, not 20-30!!! So they think they are just 20-30 minutes and it is really a long treacherous dark mountain and then countryside drive.

Riki.
Riki
egoodell said:
Riki
We are members of our lake chamber. Half of the lake is owned by our county and that is part of our tourism niche.
On the lake visitor website there are three B&B's and ours states we are not on the lake but a drive to the lake blah blah blah. People don't read, they just call or book. I tell them "We are the exit off the highway you take to get to the lake" Phone rings "Do you have a dock?" What? Here? No.
cry_smile.gif

and...there is one directory most of us belong to who has "nearby inns" and towns stated clearly as being at least HALF the distance and drive time as they actually are.
When confronted over this issue they said it is "As the crow flies" well unless our guests arrive wearing beaks and black wings they are going to use a ROAD. So as the ROAD FLIES this one town is 60 minutes away, not 20-30!!! So they think they are just 20-30 minutes and it is really a long treacherous dark mountain and then countryside drive.
Because one place advertises 'water views' I quite frequently get asked if we, too, have water views? I say, 'No, we're about a mile from the water here. No one on this street has water views.' Silence.

Riki.
Riki
egoodell said:
Riki
cry_smile.gif

Because one place advertises 'water views' I quite frequently get asked if we, too, have water views? I say, 'No, we're about a mile from the water here. No one on this street has water views.' Silence.
Install a fountain or a pond - water view!

Riki.
Riki
egoodell said:
Riki
cry_smile.gif

gillumhouse said:
I have no idea what views this other place is claiming to have. I know you are being facetious saying to put in a pond or a fountain, but imagine how upset guests would be knowing this TOWN is on the water and me saying 'water views'. Of course the guests are expecting OCEAN views. Heck, I describe rooms having 'garden views' and worry that guests will ask where the garden is in the dead of winter!

Back