Regarding spooks

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our daugher is one that senses these things. She swore we had 2 at our last home - one she actually grew up with in her room, a young girl. The other was a old man that kept looking in to her room from outside. As she got a little older, she told that old man something and he never returned.
She has told me that there are spirits in our yard. Our home is not that old but the land was an old homestead with lots of history as we know the decendants of the family that owned this as well as many acres around us.
We have staying in b&b's that claim to be haunted. One claimed that the original owner would at times sit in the old chair at the end of the hall and smoke his cigar. They said some people would see him while others may just see the smoke, and others just smell the smoke. We thought our daugher, if any of us, would feel the presence, nothing. I tried to be 'open' to it but nope, nothing. That place did not make it - for many reasons~~ The My rtles in St. Francisvile, LA is claimed to be one of the most haunted places in the country. We have had several guests that have stayed there and none have ever experienced anything.
Deciding to use that as a way to attract guests is a 50/50 proposition. If you plan to use that as your nitch, great... just as you understand that it will attract some while turn others in another direction. If you feel the market is right & you will attract enough of the pie, then by all means.... Just hope your spirit agrees with you on it.
wink_smile.gif

Thanks all.......
No........I don't intend to market a haunted property.

When I mentioned above.......leaning towards believing.
I also have no doubt that my sister visited me this past spring. I was woken in the middle of the night by my sisters voice screaming my name right in front of my face........
One Day said:
When I mentioned above.......leaning towards believing.
I also have no doubt that my sister visited me this past spring. I was woken in the middle of the night by my sisters voice screaming my name right in front of my face.......
Gomez was in the hospital the day his father died. He woke up in the middle of the night and his dad was sitting at the foot of his hospital bed, 1200 miles from where he died. Gomez knew something was wrong but he felt his father was there to say goodbye as none of the family had been able to get to the hospital where Gomez was laid up for 4 months.
oH MY...THAT IS SPOOKY.

We have a ghost. Did not ask but seller told us. I definitely believe in Myrtle and I do not advertise the fact we are haunted. There is however a local "haunted history" tour and they talk about Myrtle. I will tell guests about her IF they ask if we are haunted but I will never be the first to bring her up..
The name Myrtle seemed so familiar......
Then I recalled the Myrtle Plantation....
Additionaly there is a Myrtle in Iowa......A librarian, that haunts the library.
Other than that............apparently your Myrtle seems happy......
Thanks for sharing

Guests will ask us if this place is haunted, our answer "would you like it to be?"
The grandson of the original owners came to visit to give us some history... he says that there is a ghost, but I have never seen or heard anything out of the ordinary. One of guests thought someone was playing a trick on him one night.. could have been?

You all have heard my answer "No but we have dead bodies in the back!" That always catches their attention, then they laugh, oh yeah the cemetery. I can tell you who died in your room if you like? If that will make your stay more comfortable. tee hee

There was a B&B that we were looking at to purchase in NH that specifically mentions the "hauntings" on their website.
Ummm, no thank you...
LOVED everything else about it. Price, location, feel, size, decor...couldn't get past the other residents.

Back